Free meal leads to binging

Options
Hi all,

As I continue to find areas that need tweaking...please help me with this one.

The past 2 weeks I had a free meal on Fri evening when I always go out with friends. It's been a huge setback and I end up binging and eating 1500 cal or more. The free meal turns into a dinner, drinks, dessert, and night snacking, so no wonder why. I save Friday for my favorite fun foods like chicken nuggets and ice cream and wine.

So how can I still have some fun but not do so much damage...

Replies

• redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have you considered intermittent fasting? Having two fast days a week can allow you to have days when you indulge. I frequently have Friday evening outings with friends, so doing a fast day on Thursday balances out my total caloric intake for the week.
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do if you know you are going out to eat is to plan your meal out. Schedule ahead of time what you are going to eat at the restaurant and plan your day around that. If you know you are going to have a high calorie dinner have a lower calorie breakfast and lunch. It's ok to treat yourself just make sure to work it in to your calorie allotment. Hope this helps.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    fun foods?

might want to think about that. Food can be enjoyable, but it isn't fun.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise?

I save my exercise cals for going out.
  • juliaky84
    juliaky84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes, actually, food can be fun for me. Please don't comment on my post if you have nothing helpful to contribute, thank you and have a great day!
    fun foods?

might want to think about that. Food can be enjoyable, but it isn't fun.