exercise gear

Options
I have recently become quite an avid walker, I try for at least 5-7 miles a day. My problem is that I cant seem to find pants with more than one hidden pocket to carry my daily stuff with me. I have my phone that I listen to Pandora with earbuds, my keys, gum, chapstick, a knife ( I live on the outskirts of a not very safe neighborhood, rather be safe than sorry), and some cash in case I stop for a drink or snack. I've been wearing capris but they are jeans and not the most comfortable to walk in. And I really don't want to be that walker with the pouch around my middle lol. Anybody have suggestions for good workout gear? How do you carry your stuff?

Replies

• iwilldoit2018
    iwilldoit2018 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lululemon has some running pants which are great. They have a back zipped pocket and two pockets on the side. http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/crops-run/Illumina-Crop?cc=12418&skuId=3566700&catId=crops-run
    Kind of expensive, but wear and fit well.
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a hat from Tilley. They have a secret pocket in the top that I put my cash and ID in sometimes. Great for walking and hiking as they're durable and keep the sun off.
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use an arm band I got really cheap on ebay for my phone (I listen to Pandora as well). At Kmart I purchased a bracelet type key ring (think curly phone cord) and I wear my house key on that around my wrist. I tend to get thirsty while walking so I pop a sugar free hard candy in my mouth before I leave the house (this helps me not feel thirsty as my mouth doesn't feel dry). The only thing that leaves me in my chapstick which I put in the one pocket. Hope this helps!
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I priced the armbands on Amazon and they weren't too much. Might invest in one :)