Lunch for Work

Options
I am a High school teacher and I bring my lunch to work each day. Right now I am eating a pasta salad that is about 500 cal/serving. I like the ability to make food for the entire week so I dont have to worry about making my lunch each morning.

Does any one have any similar recipes that might add some variety, or a good place to find easy lunches that I can make ahead of time for the entire week?

I woudl love something a little lower in calories so I can have more snacks during the day.

Thanks!

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's lunch: reheated dinner at about 200 calories. A portobello cap stuffed with 1/2 C risotto with a sprinkle of blue cheese on top. Filling, yummy, and reheats well. Plus the other teachers get jealous!
  • toxicbox
    Options
    Homemade Pizza!
    Chicken and Rice with some cheese on top! (Just careful how you prepare the chicken, and try brown rice)
    PB&J (my fave!!)
    Salads
    OH and check out Pampered Chef website, they have recipes that provide calories and most of them are REALLY good leftovers! I usually make like two or three on Sunday night and then the hubby and I have something all week. :tongue:
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Try Mexican rice, black beans and chicken with a bit of salsa on top. Just a few crushed tortilla chips for crunch. That's filling. You could try making your own Mexican rice, with brown rice for more nutritional value.