Need some new friends... PCOS cysters trying to lose weight

Hello,
I'm looking for some new friends. Feel free to add me... Trying to lose this weight but my pcos/insulin resistance is in the way! Could use more support and ill give back as well.!! :)

Replies

• StrangeKraem
    StrangeKraem Posts: 19 Member
    Another PCOS-gal here!
    Just wanted to point out that there's an awesome group here called "P.C.O.SIS", you should join it!
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    You can add me. I'm right there with you.
  • i need friends too.
    ~Post; Motivational quotes & Fitspiration :)
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    My new pcos sister<3 it's hard but possible to lose weight. Think about my idol victoria beckham who also has it :) she runs 6 days a week and follows a strict diet! I wish we didn't have to but we have to be extra careful with what carbs and sugars we put in out body ;( it's been so hard for me to lose weight and I really haven't but after working out and eat right I feel like I look better and I defiantly an happier :) adddd me
  • Me too!!!
  • fitmiks2015
    fitmiks2015 Posts: 53 Member
    Another cyster here! Feel free to add me. I've been losing steadily but painfully slowly at about 2lbs a month. Been logging religiously for 115 days, and intend to keep going until I beat my insulin resistance into submission. :)
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    I also have PCOS. Feel free to add me.
  • Hi ladies.. am newly diagnosed PCOS just this past weekend and it's been quite a few days of confusion, anger, sadness, and regret.. mostly because i feel that I let myself down, that this is something I could have gotten a handle of.. definitely sad because I was hoping to have gotten pregnant by now, almost 2 yrs into my marriage with my awesome and amazing husband.

but i know i need to move on beyond the initial shock of the news and do something about it. I would like to ask for help regarding what to eat and what your favorite activities are that has helped you exercise and lose the weight. I am overwhelmed by all the literature that's out there, if there is some basic foods I can start from that has worked for you, I'd definitely love to know and incorporate into my lifestyle/diet change...

Thanks ladies!
  • Hey Ladies,

I also have PSOC, ( for about 10) years now. I could really use some friends in the same boat. I have about 100 pounds I want to lose.
  • Catter_05
    Hi ladies.. am newly diagnosed PCOS just this past weekend and it's been quite a few days of confusion, anger, sadness, and regret.. mostly because i feel that I let myself down, that this is something I could have gotten a handle of.. definitely sad because I was hoping to have gotten pregnant by now, almost 2 yrs into my marriage with my awesome and amazing husband.

but i know i need to move on beyond the initial shock of the news and do something about it. I would like to ask for help regarding what to eat and what your favorite activities are that has helped you exercise and lose the weight. I am overwhelmed by all the literature that's out there, if there is some basic foods I can start from that has worked for you, I'd definitely love to know and incorporate into my lifestyle/diet change...

Thanks ladies!

I don't believe that this was necessarily in your control. So, don't beat yourself up :). And now that you know you are doing something, that's awesome!
    What I was told was to cut refined sugars from my diet and keep my total sugar low. (No more than 7 in any two hour period). I was also told to cut carbs down. I try to keep mine below 100 a day. Also add exercise if you don't already. I eat a lot of chobani simply 100 Greek yogurt (pineapple, peach, vanilla and strawberry are under 7 sugars). I still eat oatmeal and lots of veggies :). I added running to my routine too :). I don't think this is necessarily the right thing for everyone but it works for me.

Anyone can feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • [/quote]

I don't believe that this was necessarily in your control. So, don't beat yourself up :). And now that you know you are doing something, that's awesome!
    What I was told was to cut refined sugars from my diet and keep my total sugar low. (No more than 7 in any two hour period). I was also told to cut carbs down. I try to keep mine below 100 a day. Also add exercise if you don't already. I eat a lot of chobani simply 100 Greek yogurt (pineapple, peach, vanilla and strawberry are under 7 sugars). I still eat oatmeal and lots of veggies :). I added running to my routine too :). I don't think this is necessarily the right thing for everyone but it works for me.

Anyone can feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Awww thanks, yeah I do get hard on myself... this was just one of those things that I had to "feel" it and then let it go and get to work lol...

I LOVE Greek yogurt so i'm really glad that isn't one of the things cut out from the list of foods... whew!

I started walking at least 30mins a day and hopefully working myself up to running again, i do miss the "burn" of that.

How long did it take you to lose the weight? Thanks again for the encouragement :)
  • Catter_05
    Years ago before I was pregnant I was a size 16. I know that doesn't seem so bad, but I exercised a lot and I come from a family with a lot of very thin people who have a tendency to fat shame. I had been to Drs. who told me there was nothing wrong with me and I was in awful pain. Then to the great joy of my husband and I we thought I was pregnant. When I went to the Dr. what they found was a grapefruit sized endometrioma on one of my ovaries and nasty cysts on both. To make a long story short, with the use of surgeries, medication and a lot of medical intervention I was finally able to have a child who is now nine.

I was unable to have more children, unfortunately and had to have a hysterectomy. I was in so much pain. Once the pain was gone I was able to focus on getting healthy. Within 2 years I was down to a size 8 :). I've put a little of the weight back on and I think it has to do with normal PCOS metabolism issues (my endocrinologist told me that most likely I would need more intervention as age tends to exacerbate PCOS weight issues. So as I hit the 40 mark I'm noticing the weight is getting tougher and tougher to keep off. I had gained weight and couldn't lose it.). That's when I decided to go with the low carb approach too and up my exercise regime from walking and yoga. So far I have lost 10 of the 20 I'm trying to lose. It seems to be coming off fast and I think it's because I'm not hungry :). I used to be hungry constantly!

So to answer your question, it can take a while, but it's possible. You may need to stay open minded and be willing to try new things as you get older.
  • esavoy88
    esavoy88 Posts: 1 Member
    PCOS cyster here too! Joined back in March... forgot about it (I know, terrible lol) and I'm back on. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • bertasmom
    bertasmom Posts: 5 Member
    Hi,
    Please feel free to add me too! I'm looking for fellow PCOS friends.

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 46. Looking back, this has been an issue for me for decades but I guess I never gave my doctor the right information and it just kept getting worse.

Now that I know, I can work around it and finally begin getting rid of this weight!
  • add me to im new here and would love extra motivation :)
  • I also have PCOS and have had surgery due to big cysts. My BC is causing weight gain.
  • Dezzie1180
    Dezzie1180 Posts: 46 Member
    Hi, I also have pcos and I really need motivated friends. I need to lose over a 100 lbs. So far I've lost 40 total. Feel free to add me.
  • crissygm
    crissygm Posts: 42 Member
    I have PCOS. Just getting back on here after not being on for a while! Add me if you'd like :)
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Feel free to add me. I've have PCOS for a while now but it's getting to the point where I may need to have surgery for them. I don't know how I'll be during that but I'm going to try my best.
  • deadducky112
    deadducky112 Posts: 7 Member
    I have PCOS, feel free to add me :)