Does anyone think they might know...?

Options
So I've been experiencing these symptoms for a while now but about a year-and-a-half ago I began gaining weight and went from a healthy (I'm 5' 3") 114 to 118 then 120 where it hovered. Then about three months ago I gained for no apparent reason about 6 pounds and then another 2.6. Now I'm 128.6 a bit much for my small boned frame. I have bloating constantly as well heavy nausea before and after eating for at least two-three weeks out of every month. I'm constantly tired and sluggish which I attributed to Mononucleosis. But I assumed the effects of mono would have worn off after 2.5 years.
I don't exercise as regularly as I used to due to my lethargy and busier schedule but still am active and eat fairily healthy.
The symptoms are:
Sluggish/Lethargic daily
Daily bloating
Nausea before and after eating
Weight gain

PS- I do have a daiy allergy.

Replies

• skruttan44
    skruttan44 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You should see a doctor and give him/her all this info.

This is not the place for medical advice, you have more going on than weight gain...good luck! :heart:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor. Nobody is qualified to diagnose you online.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You should probably see a doctor. Long term weight gain happens you eat more calories then you burn. If you are less active that could be why. Rapid weight gain however is usually water retention of some sort. A disease process could be causing it. Your symptoms could be from a WIDE range of things. For this reason I'd see a doctor and not strangers on the internet.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Are you pregnant?
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am a doctor, so listen to this:

Go get evaluated in-person by a doctor. Don't go to an Internet forum for medical advice.
  • saraesong
    Options
    No its not pregnancy and yes I've seen a doctor and that doctor doesn't know either. Just thought someone might have a clue but nevermind.
  • emilyGPK
    emilyGPK Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Then see a better doctor who will stick with it until they get a diagnosis.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    I am a doctor, so listen to this:

Go get evaluated in-person by a doctor. Don't go to an Internet forum for medical advice.
    Is that purple and green design in your ticker one of those 3-D things?

(If it's not green, okay, I get that color wrong sometimes.)
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Magic Eye! Nope, it's just a design I made playing around on colourlovers.com. Purple/green/gold for Mardi Gras.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Magic Eye! Nope, it's just a design I made playing around on colourlovers.com. Purple/green/gold for Mardi Gras.
    Yes, Magic Eye!

It's cute. :)

*off to google colourlovers*
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    No its not pregnancy and yes I've seen a doctor and that doctor doesn't know either. Just thought someone might have a clue but nevermind.

There are any number of possibilities, but asking on the internet is likely to get you some very ridiculous and wrong (which could be dangerous) advice. I'm surprised I have seen a whole page of them yet. If your doctor couldn't find anything, you need to see a different doctor. If your symptoms are primarily digestive in nature, you need to see a gastroenterologist. Don't ask WebMD or Dr. Google, you'll find out horrible things that are not the problem.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I had mono when I was 16. It definitely kicks your butt, and I'm sure I had symptoms up until I was about 21 or 22. I would get every cold/flu/viral infection going around because my immune system was shot. I had strep throat for about a month & a half when I was 21. Gradually my immune system got better (cleaned up my diet quite a bit, and started exercising regularly) and now, at 29, I rarely get sick. If I do, it's a slight cold.

I realize this doesn't answer your question, but my personal opinion is that it could still be related to mono, in some way. (disclaimer: I am not a doctor, or in the medical field at all!)

I do agree with the others who suggested getting a second opinion. Did your doctor have your thyroid tested?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Get a second opinion. Doctors are like car dealerships, sometimes you have to shop around until you find the best one. Just because that doctor doesn't know, it doesn't mean that another doctor won't know either.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you spoken with an endocrinologist? That might be a good resource to start with.

BTW, have you had any history of an eating disorder? This are very similar symptoms of several ED's.
  • xael1234
    xael1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    my daughter had mono and it damaged her spleen and gallbladder. She now has cold antibody hemylatic anemia and tummy troubles. keep at it with a doctor, might mean a lot of tests but they should eventually get to the bottom of it