How to get to next level??

Options
Hi, So I have been working out since January this year and feel I've done pretty well. I lost 10 pounds (ish) and have built muscle and gotten into way better shape than I was. Does anyone have suggestions for how to take it to the next level? Keep losing weight and getting into shape? Or is the best option to keep doing what I'm doing, and let the next level happen naturally?

I'm not sure how hard to push it.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Julia

Replies

• Gymfinitytowel
    Options
    Please check out the Gymfinity Towel! This super absorbent athletic towel conveniently placed around the neck like a scarf makes it easier to wipe sweat and partake in physical activities without picking up or putting down a regular gym towel. The circular quick dry towel is a great accessory for various forms of working out, whether lifting weights, hiking, dancing, running on a treadmill or taking a spin class. Follow the Instagram @gymfinitytowel for plenty of health and fitness tips!
    www.gymfinitytowel.com
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you call the next level.

are you attempting to achieve the glow?
  • bluecat8840
    Options
    Not sure what the glow is. I'd like to get beyond what I have already achieved. I have worked hard for eight months and am wondering if I need to do something different now or if I should keep doing what I've been doing.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Usually a score of 30,000.
  • Kaiminator
    Kaiminator Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try training in 500 times earth gravity.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Try training in 500 times earth gravity.

With a hammer and a monkey named Bubbles?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You will know the glow when you have the glow.

You'll be able to catch bullets with your teeth, and shonuff will fear you.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    In order to get to the next level you have to beat the boss of this level.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh: @ the glow

to get to the next level you need to push yourself and be OK with feeling uncomfortable throughout your workout
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Julia..to get to the next level, to me means, trying to self actualize...to become something more of what you are...to become as perfect to what you want as you can...so .find a picture of a model, star, somebody that has the body you'd like to have. Then study it...what does she have that you don't or what have you got that she doesn't. If you want slimmer thighs...possible. If you want more of a poochie gluts (butt)...possible.

Thru diet and exercise, you have the ablility to sculture your body in tremendous way. Sure genetics have a part to play, but if you focus on diet and exercise, you can transform into the body you wish you had. First it's determining what you want to look like. Then figuring out what is the differences between her and you. Then figuring diet and training necessary. We can help with that. Lastly you supply the tenacity to getter done.

Go do your homework and figure out what you want to look like....then get back to us.
  • desidieter
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'the next level', but I'm a huge fan of setting small sub-goals for yourself along the way. Weight loss might be your ultimate goal, but in order to keep your motivation and interest in this journey, how about setting smaller, specific goals?

Like...

"This month, I want to do x number of minutes of exercise"
    "This month, I want to increase the amount of weight I lift or do more reps per set"
    "This month, I want to learn a new sport or activity"

Those are obviously just some examples, but I find that having simple goals like this help me stay motivated and excited about this journey without getting too caught up in the scale or weight loss aspect. For me personally, some of my current goals include:

- to be able to run 30 minutes without stopping
    - to be able to do a 45 second plank
    - to exercise for at least 30 minutes 5x a week

Whatever you choose to do to get to the next level, best of luck!
  • mandez19
    Options
    Just try harder.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing what you're doing already but a lot here decide to do the C25K program to learn how to run safely or there's lots of different exercise classes or swimming or other activities you can add into your normal regime to change things up and kick start loss if it slows.

If you feel there's a level you should be working at that's higher than what you're working at now why not add high intensity intervals into whatever you are already doing so that you really push yourself and then return to normal over and over to develop stamina and start building to something from there?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You don't mention what working out you have been doing. Do you have any goals in mind?
  • bluecat8840
    Options
    This is very helpful! Thank you!