I never feel full

Options
2»

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    A change in eatting habits can do this, it was hard the first few weeks. I had to set times to eat and I drank water like a dehydrated camel in between. I eat every 3 hours and I do it a bit backward because I am not a huge breakfast fan I eat snack, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Eventually your body will get used to the "feeding" schedule and some of that hunger will start to ease up.

Stick to it, you have made a decision to get yourself healthy and it isn't always comfortable to change but we are stronger than we think. Stay positive! :happy:
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    thanks for the help. I know it will take a little bit longer to adjust to eating changes, but I'm already starting to get used to it. and now that I'm seeing progress on the scales it's all worth it.
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    try foods with fiber.There is a post cereal called grape nuts and that fills me up quicky.Its kinda tasteless but if u can get over that .Try eating warmer foods such as soups or drink tea without sugar instead of water. I read somewhere that warm foods tell your brain that you are getting full.

Hey! Try eating Grape Nuts mixed in flavored yogurt! It is quite a treat!!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of water 20 minutes before you eat. I always thought it took the body 20 mins to register food. get a journal and write everything down. you may not be getting as much food as you think you are, or are eating empty calories instead of the right food. food with fiber is a wonderful thing. and protein gets digested more slowly than carbs. and there is 4 calories in a gram of protein and 4 calories in a gram of carbs. so maybe more protein. I know those things work for me. a hand written journal for me is a must. good luck.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Pam-If you feel hungry and need something to get you through to your next meal/snack, you can always snack on water heavy vegetables without any guilt. Cucumbers, radishes, cabbage and celery all count. I also made a "smoothie" today with only frozen fruit and lemonade. I used about a cup of fruit (peaches and strawberries) and covered them over with lemonade and blended. It was only 100 cals and I totally felt indulged. Good luck and don't quit now! The first few weeks ARE the hardest. :flowerforyou:
  • jessjess
    Options
    Try eating a small meal every 3 hours. That's what I've been doing the past 4 monhts - lost 17lbs so far. I feel like I'm ALWAYS eating, so never really OVER-eat from being hungry.
  • onehotmama1
    Options
    Hey I know how you feel accept with me it is like I freak out when I get hungry. Especially right before dinner. That is a crazy time at my house anyway. But between my sone screaming "mommy, I'm gonna die, I gotta eat" and the pain in my stomach, I always start to eat while making dinner. Anyway the hungry all the time does begin to wane. Good Luck and God bless.