Why can I not share my recipes with my wife?

Options
So I go through all the trouble to scan each item to make sure both the calorie and nutrition parts are correct, set it all up as a meal, whole process taking probably 10 minutes. Now I would like to share that meal with my wife, who I have friended, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. That seems terribly inefficient. I don't want to have to scan all the items all over again just to get it on her MFP.

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    So I go through all the trouble to scan each item to make sure both the calorie and nutrition parts are correct, set it all up as a meal, whole process taking probably 10 minutes. Now I would like to share that meal with my wife, who I have friended, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. That seems terribly inefficient. I don't want to have to scan all the items all over again just to get it on her MFP.

I believe you have to post them to the database, in which case you have to re-enter them, which is why I haven't bothere.
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I also wish this was possible!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    She can at least go to your diary and copy your meal to hers. Once it's there, she can adjust the portions or delete any extras she didn't actually eat.

This is what my husband and I do. I really wish there was a way to share recipes though.

For now have her go to your diary and click "quick tools" and then "copy to."
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I will add the item to my diary and then my wife can copy it to her diary. That is the best way that we have found to get around that issue. It would be nice to open your recipes to friends.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    OP - you might want to post this in the technical help section so MFP reads it.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I add recipes to the database and I thought my daughter would be able to find them but she can't! Annoying!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

You must be new here. They don't read jack squat from there.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I will add the item to my diary and then my wife can copy it to her diary. That is the best way that we have found to get around that issue. It would be nice to open your recipes to friends.

That's what we do, although neither of us wants a public diary so we just share passwords with one another.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I've been asking for this feature for over 3 years. I don't think TPTB care.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

You must be new here. They don't read jack squat from there.

Not sure if Jill Squat would help or not.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    She can at least go to your diary and copy your meal to hers. Once it's there, she can adjust the portions or delete any extras she didn't actually eat.

Why did I not know you can do this? Huh, learned something new today... :smile:
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful they make these tools available to me FREE of charge. What do you want for nothing?
  • Scythe5
    Scythe5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You would think they could make it so you could "link" certain parts of your account with others.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm grateful they make these tools available to me FREE of charge. What do you want for nothing?

I see your point and it's a valid one. However I don't think that just because the site is free no one is allowed to suggest changes that would be helpful.