Want to BINGE!

This morning I woke up starving and had 1.5 cups pineapple and then 2 oreo cookies! haha But im starving still of course and I dont want to binge! I know I may end up doing it!! Im SO hungry right now!! I just want to eat until I feel sick!! I havent done that in almost 2 weeks which is my longest yet!! ARRG!! I want some KD SOOOOOOO bad! Just want to eat the whole box but I know it will make me sick! I need to do groceries so I dont have any fresh food really... HELP!! :sad:

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    This morning I woke up starving and had 1.5 cups pineapple and then 2 oreo cookies! haha But im starving still of course and I dont want to binge! I know I may end up doing it!! Im SO hungry right now!! I just want to eat until I feel sick!! I havent done that in almost 2 weeks which is my longest yet!! ARRG!! I want some KD SOOOOOOO bad! Just want to eat the whole box but I know it will make me sick! I need to do groceries so I dont have any fresh food really... HELP!! :sad:
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Try drinking a glass of water. Also if there is a convenience store nearby, they might have some bananas, apples and/or oranges. At least the ones hear have them. Or try and chew some gum.
  • I have felt like that often. Huge part of my problem. Sunday's are the worst for me. They say keep brushing your teeth. It works for me sometimes not always.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    You really don't want to do that, or you'd be in the kitchen with your hinny sticking out of the fridge rather than writing here. Find some fruit and distract yourself for 30 minutes with something pleasurable, call a friend, go for a walk, do anything engaging that you enjoy. Also either you let yourself get too hungry or you're stressed about something. When you're in the right frame of mind think about what led up to this in a non-judgemental way (not an easy thing to do) and figure out how to avoid it in the future.
  • shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    I find that liquids help when I want to binge - just guzzle that water down, or I make green tea and sip on that to help quell those cravings... I'm actually doing it right now, so I can assure you I'm speaking from experience! :smile:

I just walked away from a big slice of Chocolate Cake.. so I must be doing something right!
  • Be strong! You can do it! I have binged so many times in my life and only felt worse after doing it!. You have come this far - do not give up now! One of the other comments is exactly right - you really don't want to do it or you would do it instead of writing! Get out of the house - go for a walk. Take a nap - do something to get food out of your mind. A qoute I am living by everytime I want that large ice cream or yummy dessert is one I found on this site:
    "Nothing tastes better than skinny!" :flowerforyou:
    Good luck to you and be strong!
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    I agree with nursedebra! I do wholeheartedly believe that NOTHING tastes as good as being THIN FEELS! You can do it. Get moving. Walk past that refrigerator/pantry and go outside. I sweep my patio, walk around the block or run around with my 2 year old to distract myself.

Also, I don't know if you like them, but I was recently told that raw Green peppers suppress the appetite. It has worked for me in a pinch.

HANG IN THERE BABY!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I was having those cravings too, here's what I do. I get those Special K Snack Bites. The Chocolatey Crunch kind. They are pretty chocolately and one pack for me is almost too much chocolate and it makes me not want to eat anything else. Also they are crunchy so that helps satisfy that aspect of eating also.
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    I'm with you on the binge mode!!! Last night I almost ate my arm!!!! However I made it through and am proud of myself for not stuffing my face. Here is what I did: First I called a few friends to catch up.....this took up a good hour on the phone. Then I decided to redo the nail polish on my toes and to clean up my finger nails. This also took about an hour. I had enough calories to have an apple so I cut one up into as many slices as I possible could. I sprinkled a little bit of Splenda and cinnimon on it and slowly ate it. Having it in a million pieces made me feel like I was having a bigger snack than I was. I also downed a ton of water during and inbetween all this to make my stomach feel full! It was still a long night but I pushed through.
    Believe me if I can push through my night time binge, anyone can push through!!!
    Good Luck!!
    :smile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Thank you all for your support and suggestions!! Im still hungry but I am having a 100 cal pack to tie me over till lunch Just an HOUR!! I rode my stationary bike for only 50cals then ran around with my kids for another 50cals. They went downstairs to visit aunty. During that time I was sipping on a 24oz glass of water and cleaning my house! Little things that I havent been able to do for a week or so! Thanks again everyone!! Im gonna make it!! :bigsmile:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Keep banans, oranges, and apples around. They are some of the best food you can grab when you are hungry. Or keep carrots, celery, and peppers around, find a fat free ranch and dip away! Sometimes it's just the crunching noise and having to chew something hard that can help.
  • Carrie6o6
    Thanks! Will do!!

I MADE IT THROUGH!! YES!! I HAD MY LUNCH AND NOW AM FULL!! THANK YOU ALL!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Waaahooooo!!! Yay for full! :drinker: Congrats - that was a big one!