Stomach Rolls

Options
So I've been blessed with the body type where I have 3 distinct rolls in my midsection. I think it's mostly due to a huge abdominal scar across my stomach, and of course scar tissue doesn't stretch much, so it's caused my stomach fat to separate into 3 rolls, one below my bra line, one more right above belly button and then the larger more common one of my lower stomach.

And then I also have a little arm roll, just above the inner elbow which makes me very self conscious about wearing short sleeves.

My question is does anyone else have this? Have you had success with them smoothing out during weight loss?

I thought they would be the first to go, but instead after losing 30 lbs, my body looks exactly the same, just a bit smaller proportionately. I'm a little tired of looking like a little pug when I undress. I'm a bit envious of women who just have a large, smooth stomach.

So does anyone have this type body and have pictures of their progress? Can I expect to lose these rolls any time soon and is there any advice for me?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's not your body type;,it's your fat! The fat makes the rolls and as it disappears, so do they.

I had three hideous rolls, the lowest of which was so big and gross that it literally flopped over and hung down. Lord God, it was disgusting.

I thought they would go first since they seemed to add last and everyone said you lose first where you last gained. As is sometimes the case, everyone was wrong.

No more rolls. Yay! I still have a big stomach and it's still gross. But it gets smaller all the time. I've been working it hard lately, doing six inches and planking and crunches. I work it in the pool, too.

My thighs used to be as wide as my giant hips and they kind of bubbled at the top and bulged outward. They're still hideously fat, but my hips are wider and the thighs don't bulge outward at the top.

My arms were so big I couldn't go sleeveless because the pits couldn't breathe and I'd stink. They're getting smaller, too. I haven't had sleeves on since April or May. :)

It all happened slowly, over time, but it got noticed kind of all at once. Other people were noticing change before I suddenly said, "OMG, I AM looking better!"

The fat just comes off where it comes off. You can't really control it. Keep working. One day, you'll see it, too. :D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I totally do. And even after losing 134 lb they have not gone away. I have the "B" shaped belly thing going on. It used to be two enormous rolls one on top of the other. Now the upper roll is about 1/4 the size it used to be, but still the same awful shape. The bottom roll (apron area) for me has tightened up WAY better than I ever expected and is almost flat. I love that.

I know exactly what you mean about the tiny fold on the inner arm...right above the elbow, and I have it only on one side which is weird to me. I am happy to report they are much smaller and generally less disturbing to me. But they're there.

Like you I have spent many years feeling somewhat jealous of women who may have even been 50 lb heavier than I was, but had the big rounded smooth belly. I feel ya. Sorry this didn't offer much by means of hope...but you're not alone!!

One of my friends has never been more than 20 lb overweight and she has the arm fat rolls. Her mom had them too.
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yup it's so weird how I look at some women's bodies and they are my size or larger but have a lovely smooth shape about them, and I have these wobbly rolls everywhere. Oh well :) I'll just have to be patient. I'm glad I'm not the only one with the arm roll thought!

Mine were also last to appear in the weight gain. Or at least the top one, because the middle one is pretty much always going to be there due to my scar. I was soooo looking forward to getting rid of the top roll around my ribs. Hopefully soon :)

Any other ladies have this? Pictures? I would love to see some awesome transformation pics
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ugh me too! Every fat person I see on tv with their clothes off, they just seem to look fine! Like you say, even if they're much bigger than me, their bodies look so much better, all filled out. I wouldn't have been half as bothered if that was my case!
    Although, I did always think that because I'm not "filled out" with fat, that my skin is more likely to sag. When I look at the filled out bigger girls I think that their skin is already so tight, it's just waiting to spring right back!
    I hope that's not the case!
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    completely agree about the skin bouncing back. I'm really hoping mine wont look weird because of the shape of my fat. What can ya do though haha. Lose at a responsible pace, strength train and drink plenty of water.
  • blastbeat78
    blastbeat78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've always hated my stomach and have the kind of mid section you describe. Despite all the exercise and weight loss the rolls are still there (albeit they're smaller rolls). I've been told that most of it is loose skin and the only way it will ever go is if I have a mini tummy tuck!!

I do anywhere between 100 - 300 crunches a day, planks and bicycle crunches 5 times a week as well as weight training and can see some definition in my abs but it's always going to be hidden underneath the skin. :angry:
  • I totally do. And even after losing 134 lb they have not gone away. I have the "B" shaped belly thing going on. It used to be two enormous rolls one on top of the other. Now the upper roll is about 1/4 the size it used to be, but still the same awful shape. The bottom roll (apron area) for me has tightened up WAY better than I ever expected and is almost flat. I love that.

Oh that's great to read. I have that bottom one that kind of hangs over a bit. So it really can go away and go flat again in that part??
  • SalQOG
    SalQOG Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My stomach was divided into 3 rolls. After losing 27kg I'm now 123kg "271lbs" I only have 2. The third one is gone but now it's really jiggly. I also have some under my arms .

I came from an obese family and none of them have this problem. They have big stomachs but it's one piece only and I'm jealous ;-)

hope this hellped