New Insanity Thread

Options

Replies

• 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Recovery week has been fun. I enjoyed the cardio core and balance workouts. A day off and then it's into month 2 and the Max circuit. eeeek!
  • mekflari
    Options
    Hey guys glad to see everyone is doing great. I have been SO BUSY I barley got time to eat 5 times a day and prep food, I hate this. 2 more days of extreme busy and then I'm back. It's good on one side though I've been feeling my calf again I'm pretty sure it's been injured since week 2 of month 1 but nothing major so I continued ... it has got a bit rest now but I can feel pain whenever I wear some unconfortable shoes all day.

Anyways I'm stuck on day 51 I managed to do 3 videos this week.. I only have time past 9PM this week and my downstairs neighbors just had a baby... I'm pretty sure my power jumps seem like the building is being under attack everytime (I try to land softly!!! :laugh:) so can't do the video at the evenings.

I told myself on monday that I should tell you guys something: there's a fit test and a "max interval circuit" the first day of month 2 and in 2 weeks on monday (day 50). If I did this again I would do the fit test the day before because that day is just brutal. I hate that day so much. If you're anything like me... crawling on the floor by the end of the fit test... do the the fit test the day before I'd really recomend that.

Can't wait do do Max Interval Training with y'all :drinker:
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @louise3180 sounds like you need a fresh start, I KNOW YOU CAN get back with it. The last time we talked you was quite positive, I guess you just have to accept that you did what you did and move on, I really hope you can give yourself a kick up the butt.

@mekflari I did look at the month 2 day 1 video (twice) and you're definately right, if I tried to do that along with a fitness test and bike it to work there is no way I could do it. So yes I'll do the fit test on Tuesday (my insanity day off) and the workout the next day, I think if I didn't I'd be a spectator for most of it lol

Day 33 done :wink:
  • amytallis
    Options
    Hi!

I'm on Day 36 so just done the brutal fit test and Max Interval Circuit, am not doing them together again- will do the fit test on the rest day as it was too much.

Am enjoying it so far- have lost 7 lbs (137 lbs to 130lbs) and keep my cals at 1500 and try for the 40/40/20 split although its sometimes a bit off. Generally clean food. Might up calaries now as today felt hard and i felt weak and ill at one point.

Please add me- my fit test results etc are on my profile.
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone checking in! Hahahah ok so awesome you all have noticed that month 2 day 1 is the fit test and max interval. So I did the fit test yesterday (sun) and then max interval today. For some reason I wasn't expecting it to be a full hour. My hrm said I burned around 540 calories. It seriously kicked my butt. And I was sore from the fit test the day before. I couldn't imagine doing them together. I had to work a 12 hour shift today so no way I could do dang near 2 hours of exercise before work so I'm glad I split them up. Let me tell you what, I was not prepared for max interval today. I really got into enjoying the recovery week that my body was in for a shock. Plus it's an extra 20-30 min than what we're used to. Good luck for everyone going into it!! I feel like this is definitely where the shaping comes into play. I took measurements and pics this am before max interval so I'll post my results pics soon.

I had a frustrating moment. Yesterday I did the fit test and did 5 hours of yard work so I ate my entire 1650 calories an a little extra protein in my protein shake. But yesterday I woke up 113.8 and then this am of course measurement day I was 115.2!!! It's amazing how not enough hydration and crappy night sleep <6 hours plus toss and turn can affect your body. I have to remember to hydrate and get sleep. That crappy combo affected my measurements but also my workout performance this am. I was so tired and it was hard to get into it. Been a slug all day at work feeling tired.

Not the best way to go into month 2 :( I have 2 more full days before I head to see my husband. I'm excited but already feeling guilty for the pizza and beer and bad foods. Has anyone done research or heard about resetting metabolism and having a bunch of carbs to help your body get back into weight loss mode? One of those things where you work really hard, are really strict for like several weeks, and then splurge to reset? Could be total crap but someone told me that once. Maybe it's wishful thinking ;) i'll have to do some research.

Well it's the start of a new week good luck everyone!!!!! Stay strong whether you're just starting, couple weeks in, halfway through, etc!! We're here for you :) .

Post pics tonight.
  • 108victorian
    Options
    Oh my goodness, y'all aren't joking about day 1 of month 2. I was totally slayed today. The Max Interval Circuit is fun but brutal. Some of those moves require some serious coordination. At first, not being able to do the side by side handstand jump-up things with some level of grace was getting me down, but by the third circuit I did not care. Hello can-can on the floor kick (floor switch kicks); I felt like I was in Moulin Rouge while my calves and hams were about to break down the barn door. Also, I love all the punching in the air, makes me feel like a dragon-lady.

Yes, month 2 bring it!
  • nicoletteamber
    Options
    Ok reluctantly here is my progress pictures from Day 0 to Day 35. https://www.flickr.com/photos/126892830@N06/sets/72157646980632419/

I've lost 0.25" from my biceps (not sure if that's a good thing!). 2" from my waist. 0.75" from my hips. 1.25" from my thighs. 0.25" in from my calves. So total inches lost from Week 1-5 of insanity was 4.50". Body fat I put wrong in the pictures, I started at 21%. So I'm down 2% bf. And I'm down 3.10 lbs.

Ok everyone else share so I don't feel like an idiot posting my pictures! Ugh!
  • nicoletteamber
    Options
    PS don't mind my terrible groggy facial expressions lol. I don't get much sleep and I work Monday's so I get up at like 4:30 am for measurements and pictures. That's my excuse :-P
  • SapitoGuapo
    SapitoGuapo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I've actually been pondering starting a 3rd round of Insanity....
  • GrumpyAG
    GrumpyAG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey all.....I'm on the 2nd week!

I completed insanity this time last year with some cracking results......lost 5.2kg and more importantly 6.9% body fat gaining 2kg of muscle mass and I felt great! So having got back from holiday 2 weeks ago weighing more than I did pre insanity last year I decided to dig out the DVDs and start the programme again. I totally forgot about the special love/hate relationship you have with it and Shaun T.....but keen to complete the cycle again :)

Remember....sweat is just fat crying ;)
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

Remember....sweat is just fat crying ;)

I'm so using that!
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Will be starting Monday....love this thread! Definitely the motivation I need! Thanks!
  • 108victorian
    Options
    Today I enjoyed my first go at Max Plyo. But, I didn't feel like I got that huge of a workout. I think it was mostly due to fact that I spent a fair bit of time trying to figure out proper form for some of the moves, they're pretty complicated at first introduction. It may also be due to the fact that I pulled out a pair of barely used, ill-fitting Vibrams (KSO's, the OG Vibrams -their current designs are worlds apart) from the back of my closet and did the workout in them. Half-way through the workout I realized my feet weren't screaming "FIRE!" That's a new and pleasant discovery. So, maybe I didn't feel like I was thoroughly slayed today by Insanity because my feet were happy and not in pain. Either way, I pushed play and committed, again.

As a side note, I totally killed Power Jumps today. I was bouncing like a kangaroo. Those Power Jumps used to kill ME. Touche.
  • 108victorian
    Options
    OK, I take it back, I must have gotten a fabulous workout.

Because... I just spent the last hour at my desk doing work stuffs and when I stood up leave my office I was SO sore! Hello, are those my deltoids? I didn't know my love handles _had_ muscles.....
  • nicoletteamber
    Options
    Haha yeah all the max videos thus far are murdering muscles which is a good thing, but I'm SO sore!!!!!! Half way through the week, keeeeeep on being insane everyone!
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Can I crash this thread? I'm on day 5 of Month 1 and loving it. I'm *reasonably* fit and so far although I've been achy it's not been a killer in the afterburn - but I still can't keep going all the way through the warm up let alone the main events! However it is great to read through the thread and hear about your experiences. What a great inspiration to keep going!
    @108Victorian I LOVE your last post! LOL.
  • shemosaid
    shemosaid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I seriously love reading what ppl go thru :D ...I started month 2 yesterday ... WTH was that...its way more intense..i thought ppl r exagerating when they said its tough ..but truth is ..its reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally tough...today i cant move and didnt have that much sleep but im still gonna work hard today
    I had a nervous breakdown during week 5 when i went shopping and realized im still the same size as i used to be ...luckily my friend / workout buddy was with me ...anything u hear during ur breakdown u feel is just pitty talk . he tried to say u did change believe me and all this bla bla ...i didnt believe ..so we went home and took pics and i saw it. I didnt lose weight but my shape changed aloooooot
    some1 here said that month 2 is when u really start losing weight...I hope i can see numbers now
    Keep going every1

btw that love hate relationship with shaun T is so true ...also with that Tanya chic ..my god she makes me feel im a wooden log
  • pauldoxsee
    pauldoxsee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Completed month 1 rest day by doing p90x3 yoga. Looking forward to starting recovery week tomorrow. I just finished previewing the recovery workout, it does not look like it will be a picnic! We will see how it goes tomorrow. Thus far in insanity I haven't lost weight, but I have reduced body fat and increased lean mass. I just completed Body Beast right before insanity, so this is exactly what I was hoping for.

Test posting my last plyo cardio circuit graph

eff6c8fc7bd5eb31d955eeb02bc35975.jpg
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Hey it worked. My heart monitor battery had to be replaced right after this workout yesterday which is why the warmup graph line area is so jumpy. My heart wasn't doing that!

Interesting, you can only edit your last posting. Good to know!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Trying to post the plyo cardio and yoga graph in the same post.

ae5814b17503e8eb13bc975d8fe8ee85.jpg
    eff6c8fc7bd5eb31d955eeb02bc35975.jpg