New Insanity Thread

Options

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    That's my workout tonight RevGill! I'll look out for the fitness instructor tonight and know that she has an advantage but we can work towards that, right? I've been able to make it through the warmup without stopping but by the third set of the circuit training portion, I'm winded...especially with some of the ab workout (In-Outs, ouch).
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Well done to the completers and the beginners alike! And welcome to all first posters to this thread. :flowerforyou:

I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs today - *Nearly* made it all the way through the warm up this time without stopping! I live in hope one day I shall be able to get through it all! I guess I'll achieve that when I do Ins. through for the 2nd time LOL!
    However - did I hear right - one of the gym bunnies in the background (Brunette in the 3rd row on the right in the Pure Cardio DVD) is a fitness instructor? No wonder they all look buff and work like machines!

Keep pressing play regardless. We can look like that and work out like that if we try! :wink:

I think there's someone that's a spinning instructor, but what pisses me off about this particular workout is that Shaun T goes up to a woman in the back row, all in black, asks how old she is and then says the stupidest thing ever: "Over 40 and still at", here I am at 47 and keeping up with all the buff younguns in the class. Not to mention his husband is over 40.
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi people!
    I FINISHED yaaaay ... had some minor injuries during the whole thing and had to stop several times for a few days so it endeed up being more than 60 days but regardless to all that I'm so happy to have completed the whole thing because several times my motivation was so low I have no idea how I kept pushing play. This thread and all the online motivation helps a lot!

I'm happy with the outcome I went from being a couch potato to good shape and I feel so much better about my health and my looks now.

I'm in recovery week now and I'm gonna give Asylum volume 1 a go in October along with some body pump classes. Excited about what is ahead of me :drinker:

Keep pushing play everybody, you're awesome!!!

Fantastic you're awesome for sticking with it through the injuries mekflari, I've had a few niggles that have hampered me along the way but thankfully nothing serious enough to stop me.

Congratulations once again and to all those whether you're on day 1 or 63 I salute you, keep posting here like others have said because it certainly helps push me to keep digging deeper everyday.

Going into day 50 tomorrow :wink:
  • 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi people!
    I FINISHED yaaaay ...

AWESOME!
  • pauldoxsee
    pauldoxsee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yay jelly, happy 50th! I had a happy thought too. When I completed the max recovery workout I had successfully completed every disk in the program at least once. I've survived the worst ShaunT had to throw at me!
  • herewego85
    Options
    One other thought about the legs. Insanity and t25 are really heavy on leg jumping and bouncing moves. Cross training shoes are highly recommended to minimize joint and muscle strain. Don't use running shoes, even if they were expensive and look great. Trust me on this one. Some people workout barefoot and I use Vibrams. Just don't use running shoes.

Thanks for the advice. I am getting ready to go buy some new shoes and was wondering what type is best for these workouts. The shoes I have now are not working out that well.
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Insanity max interval circuit completed.

a26ed553440d9c8f16caeefc6b96d9eb.jpg
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Nice work Paul! Just finished Day 14 of Insanity...looking forward to my rest today and re-doing my Fit Test tomorrow! Can't wait to see my results (and check my measurements too) ...hope everyone else presses play today :)
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Internet was down, but did insanity max interval plyo anyway. My fitbit died last night, so it's been a technologically challenging 12 hours for me. Fortunately I had a backup fitbit, so that challenge is abated as well!

f6d74c44f3ac268c1007ac7d6541b87d.jpg
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    One other thought about the legs. Insanity and t25 are really heavy on leg jumping and bouncing moves. Cross training shoes are highly recommended to minimize joint and muscle strain. Don't use running shoes, even if they were expensive and look great. Trust me on this one. Some people workout barefoot and I use Vibrams. Just don't use running shoes.

Thanks for the advice. I am getting ready to go buy some new shoes and was wondering what type is best for these workouts. The shoes I have now are not working out that well.

I use trail running shoes, they are much more rigid than running shoes and have plenty of support in the sole and not too much by way of joint pain so far (just finishing recovery week) - I have done it barefoot too but, whilst it was comfortable, it felt a bit weird to be working out with no shoes on!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    I think the issue is really with the conventional style running shoe that locks your foot into one position. I have negative heel Vibrams in both a running and cross training style and both seem to work fine for me too. Lots of people workout barefoot, but with two dogs and two kids under two in the house I never know what my bare feet might step on!
  • keke0904
    keke0904 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today will be my 4th day and i know i shouldnt be weighing myself but i do..... and i have heard that u mostly gain weight the first month but is gaining 1 pound normal for just 3 days?
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Yep. Normal. Take pictures and measurements. They, how you feel and how your clothes fit are much better first month progress indicators.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Pretty normal...I lost 1.5 lbs, gained 2 lbs...and then steadily lost a little bit within my last 2 weeks. But when I look at my pictures and measurements - wow...worth every little gain and loss along the way. I'd rather look better than focus on the number.

Way to go for finishing 3 days - I'm on Day 15 :)

ETA: you were also very sore after the first day if I remember so that soreness means that you have a lot of water being held in your muscles to help repair them...once the soreness goes away, your muscles will lose the extra water weight.

Stick with it...keep pressing play :)
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    People commonly say month 2 of insanity is where the results are. This graph shows why. The last 6 data points are week1 of month 2. The prior 7 points are recovery week and before that was month 1 activity. Huge increase in calorie burn in month2!

13966db5c2da64f42132d0cff012966e.jpg
  • keke0904
    keke0904 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you! all that is encouraging!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Insanity month 2 week 1 rest day. Completed x3 yoga. It brought me bliss!

f448c086487856a99130dde4bdd5aaa9.jpg
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    OMG I'm so pumped...look at these numbers! I finished my Fit Test last night and I couldn't be happier with the results, can't wait to see what its like in another 2 weeks! 101 extra moves :)

Fit Test Day 1 / Day 15
    Switch Kicks 75 / 90
    Power Jacks 40 / 57
    Power Knees 66 / 100
    Power Jumps 26 / 38
    Globe Jumps 7 / 9
    Suicide Jumps 14 / 15
    Push-up Jacks 17 / 25
    Plank Oblique 38 / 50
    Weight 151.8 / 149.2

Keep pressing play!!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    OMG I'm so pumped...look at these numbers! I finished my Fit Test last night and I couldn't be happier with the results, can't wait to see what its like in another 2 weeks! 101 extra moves :)

Fit Test Day 1 / Day 15
    Switch Kicks 75 / 90
    Power Jacks 40 / 57
    Power Knees 66 / 100
    Power Jumps 26 / 38
    Globe Jumps 7 / 9
    Suicide Jumps 14 / 15
    Push-up Jacks 17 / 25
    Plank Oblique 38 / 50
    Weight 151.8 / 149.2

Keep pressing play!!

Congratulations, that's huge!