New Insanity Thread

Options

Replies

• herewego85
    Options
    I completed my 2nd Fit Test today. I felt like I was pushing harder during this test than the first one I took; even though the results are not that different. My endurance has certainly improved though. Here are my results thus far:

Switch Kicks: +12
    Power Jump Jacks: +1
    Power Knees: +5
    Power Jumps: +/- 0
    Globe Jumps: +1
    Suicide Jumps: +5
    Push-up Jacks: +3
    Low Plank Oblique: +2 on each side

Weight: -1.4 lbs
    Waist: -1"
    Hips: -1.5"
    Arm: +/- 0
    Thigh: +/- 0
  • pauldoxsee
    pauldoxsee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I completed my 2nd Fit Test today. I felt like I was pushing harder during this test than the first one I took; even though the results are not that different. My endurance has certainly improved though. Here are my results thus far:

Switch Kicks: +12
    Power Jump Jacks: +1
    Power Knees: +5
    Power Jumps: +/- 0
    Globe Jumps: +1
    Suicide Jumps: +5
    Push-up Jacks: +3
    Low Plank Oblique: +2 on each side

Weight: -1.4 lbs
    Waist: -1"
    Hips: -1.5"
    Arm: +/- 0
    Thigh: +/- 0

Great job Herewego! I use the Polar H7 monitor and Polar Beat app for my graphs.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Checking in...I pressed play all weekend and can't wait to press play tonight again! Love that some new people have joined in on the chat :) looking forward to doing my Fit Test at the end of the week so I can compare the results!
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Whoop Herewego! Those are great results! And well done JL!
    I was wondering (rather prematurely LOL) what to do when I get to the end of Ins. so will look forward to hearing more about a 30 min version... :-D
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    I'm looking forward to hearing more about the 30 min. videos' too....also contemplating what program to do next - P90X, Asylum...hmm...I'll get through this one first.
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    There are lots of great programs out there. My next program will be PiYo. If shorter workouts are a requirement, t25 and p90x3 are obvious considerations. Beyond that Piyo and p90x and p90x2 are suitable for anyone who successfully tackled insanity. body Beast is a specialty program designed specifically for building muscle tone. For the true insanity maniacs there is Asylum 1 and 2. I suppose redoing insanity or the new max 30 are also options if you aren't looking for a real change of pace. For anyone reading who bit off way more than they could chew with insanity, the new Power90 looks really interesting. The great thing about Beachbody is they have a plethora of options available that can meet most needs. You just need to decide on your goals and life realities and pick the best match.
  • karlybeener17
    Options
    HI all I am new to the boards. I need some motivation/inspiration. I am doing Insanity, month two, day 3 will be tomorrow morning. I haven't lost weight yet, but I've heard it can be month two where the magic happens. Here's to hoping! I am so hungry now though I think I will sabotage it. I have done T25 and lost 12 lbs, and did P90x3 which was great, I toned up alot!! Loved it. Looking forward to insanity max 30 as well.

Do you guys have any ideas for healthy snacks??
  • 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @revgill, After this round I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the Insanity recovery week and then another round of Insanity. I feel that I'll get a lot more out of a second round being that my strength and endurance have vastly improved. I'm so chuffed (did I use it properly? :wink: ) with all the improvements that I can't wait to continue....I also have P90X, but I think I need to get my BF farther down before I start whipping out the pull-ups.
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed insanity max recovery. Nobody burns more than 360 calories on a recovery workout! Who designed this program?

9e5da9e3080fa5379d4773ada3631e91.jpg
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I did a hybrid of insanity and P90X to get the strength training incorporated into my workout without doing 2-a-days and killing my calorie intake. It did wonders for my body definition. I need to get back to it!! :smile:
  • mekflari
    Options
    Hi people!
    I FINISHED yaaaay ... had some minor injuries during the whole thing and had to stop several times for a few days so it endeed up being more than 60 days but regardless to all that I'm so happy to have completed the whole thing because several times my motivation was so low I have no idea how I kept pushing play. This thread and all the online motivation helps a lot!

I'm happy with the outcome I went from being a couch potato to good shape and I feel so much better about my health and my looks now.

I'm in recovery week now and I'm gonna give Asylum volume 1 a go in October along with some body pump classes. Excited about what is ahead of me :drinker:

Keep pushing play everybody, you're awesome!!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    So wonderful to discover this thread. I've just started week 4, so far not impressed with my results, but will stick with it, mainly because I want the t-shirt to add to my collection (Turbo Fire & T25). I decided to finally try Insanity because I was bored with my current workouts and wanted something new. I am also holding on to some extra body fat that is very stubburn and refuses to let go, even though before I started Insanity I was doing heavy lifting. Unfortunately, I tore my rotator cuff and had to take a break from the heavy lifting. Looking forward to more inspiring results.
  • mekflari
    Options
    HI all I am new to the boards. I need some motivation/inspiration. I am doing Insanity, month two, day 3 will be tomorrow morning. I haven't lost weight yet, but I've heard it can be month two where the magic happens. Here's to hoping! I am so hungry now though I think I will sabotage it. I have done T25 and lost 12 lbs, and did P90x3 which was great, I toned up alot!! Loved it. Looking forward to insanity max 30 as well.

Do you guys have any ideas for healthy snacks??

Stick to it month 2 is indeed where the magic happens. Have you noticed changes on your body yet? I haven't lost weight in month 1 but my body definetly changed a bit. The scale can be very unmotivational sometimes because it doesn't always show the change but the mirror sure does.

I usually snack on fruit, ice cream (clean one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPRdMN1IDR4) and stuff like that.
    Also love this video for sncak ideas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5pkf5rcP9U
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    I did a hybrid of insanity and P90X to get the strength training incorporated into my workout without doing 2-a-days and killing my calorie intake. It did wonders for my body definition. I need to get back to it!! :smile:

Wow what a tough combination! I consider those individually to be the toughest, most comprehensive programs. Both at once would do me in! Good thing you weren't trying to double them.
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Hi people!
    I FINISHED yaaaay ... had some minor injuries during the whole thing and had to stop several times for a few days so it endeed up being more than 60 days but regardless to all that I'm so happy to have completed the whole thing because several times my motivation was so low I have no idea how I kept pushing play. This thread and all the online motivation helps a lot!

I'm happy with the outcome I went from being a couch potato to good shape and I feel so much better about my health and my looks now.

I'm in recovery week now and I'm gonna give Asylum volume 1 a go in October along with some body pump classes. Excited about what is ahead of me :drinker:

Keep pushing play everybody, you're awesome!!!

Congratulations, relatively few people complete insanity and we've got a bunch of folks in this group that are eager to join you in this accomplishment. I considered Asylum too. However, I like to rotate between programs with different areas of emphasis to build overall conditioning. I guess I am on more of a lifetime, long-term plan at this point in my fitness journey. I am going with PiYo next, but definitely want to give Asylum a whirl too at some point. Oh, Body Pump is fun. I did it in a gym setting and really liked it. It was great warmup for Body Beast!
  • keke0904
    keke0904 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    did day 1 of month 1 yesterday!! i am so sore!!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options

Yay keke! Ibuprofen helps as does keeping up your calorie and especially your protein intake. The first 3 days of a program tend to be the worst for soreness. Keep pressing play! Oh, don't forget to take some before photos and measurements. The scale isn't the best indicator of progress in the first month of insanity, so these other tools help you see things the scale can't!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options

Yay keke! Ibuprofen helps as does keeping up your calorie and especially your protein intake. The first 3 days of a program tend to be the worst for soreness. Keep pressing play! Oh, don't forget to take some before photos and measurements. The scale isn't the best indicator of progress in the first month of insanity, so these other tools help you see things the scale can't!

this!! Once you get through Day 3 or 4, the soreness goes down, especially in the calves...take photo's and measurements....I'm so going to rock my end of Week 2 photo's coming up this weekend!! Can't wait for measurements, I have cheated and checked and I've already lost a few inches. I'll post back my results after my Fit Test.

Keep pressing play!
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done to the completers and the beginners alike! And welcome to all first posters to this thread. :flowerforyou:

I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs today - *Nearly* made it all the way through the warm up this time without stopping! I live in hope one day I shall be able to get through it all! I guess I'll achieve that when I do Ins. through for the 2nd time LOL!
    However - did I hear right - one of the gym bunnies in the background (Brunette in the 3rd row on the right in the Pure Cardio DVD) is a fitness instructor? No wonder they all look buff and work like machines!

Keep pressing play regardless. We can look like that and work out like that if we try! :wink:
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    One other thought about the legs. Insanity and t25 are really heavy on leg jumping and bouncing moves. Cross training shoes are highly recommended to minimize joint and muscle strain. Don't use running shoes, even if they were expensive and look great. Trust me on this one. Some people workout barefoot and I use Vibrams. Just don't use running shoes.