Hey walkers/runners, how many steps do you take in a day?

Options
How many steps do you take in a day? I'm using a fitbit (which I love) and want some idea of how many steps other walkers are taking. Thanks!

Replies

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    For walking - on a bad day - 5000 steps, on a good day 10000+.

Still, I'm also doing a full marathon running plan (not included in the total above - as I don't bring my phone/pedometer and use a GPS/HRM watch instead) which has me run 20-40 miles/week via 4 run days.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I walk. I do try for 10K a day.

My Fitbit (Flex) died yesterday, using Garmin Vivofit to track.

Today am over 17K, got ambitious on the treadmill (monsoon here which kept me indoors, prefer walking outside, hate the treadmill)
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm usually between 15,000 and 20,000 a day. On a lazier day I'm usually around 12,000. On a good day I'm around 22,000.
  • Ahrena
    Ahrena Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Days without running are 15/17k (I have an active day)

Days with running are 22-30+k
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I too have a fitbit and I LOVE it! For the last year my goal was to get 5,000 steps per day. Sometimes I would hit 10k or so. Recently I got a treadmill and I raised my goal to 7,500 steps per day. I am walking/running outside mostly but when the weather would have usually kept me inside, I can now still reach my goal. Now EVERY day I get at least 7,500, but most days between 10,000 and 15,000
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't track my steps the entire day, only when I am going for my daily walk, and then it is typically somewhere around 8200 steps. Adding in the rest of my day, which I don't track, I am guessing I average somewhere between 12,000-15,000 steps per day.
  • hila_13
    hila_13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is really helpful. I'm trying to do 100,000 a week. I'm pretty good on weekdays but weekends are really hit and miss.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have an office job, where I sit at my desk, or in meetings all day. If I don't make a point of going for a walk at lunch, and after work, I end up at about 3,500 steps.

Weekends I try not to drive anywhere that is less than 3 miles away, so I get lots of steps in on the weekend.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I try to do at least 10k per day but usually do more- today I have done 14k so far . Did you know you can add friends to your fitbit dashboard then compete with them over the week? Feel free to add me if you like, this is my fitbit username. https://www.fitbit.com/user/2TK79S
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    10-20k, depends on the weather and how my dog is feeling. One thing I've found helpful to break the monotony is listening to audio books or podcasts.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I try to do 15,000 a day and 20,000 on the weekends. I have a desk job and sometimes I do better on days where I run in the AM and then go for a walk in the evening.

I have a Viofit and I love it. It reminds me when I've sat for too long. I hate sitting in meetings because I'm always thinking I gotta get up and move!
  • hila_13
    hila_13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely add fitbit friends. It might help push me!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    There is a fitbit user group here on MFP forums if you want to get more like minded friends. Happy stepping!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I try to hit 10,500 on weekdays. (I run most weekdays but I have a desk job.) On the weekends, it ranges from 10,000-45,000 depending on the workout.
  • soonrryan
    soonrryan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Probably a bunch, but I keep losing count.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I work from home and I drive everywhere, but I only count my "workout steps" using Accupedo.

I did 10,886 tonight (5.15 miles), but I aim to get at least 8,000 steps in on the track most nights of the week. That's not including my steps from doing walking workout videos/dvd's. I walk a lot!
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Idk the number of steps, but I did about 10 mi today
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    for my walks I do 16,000 but I only wear it on my walks. I wore it all day once and it said 22,000