Weight Loss + Acne??

Options
Hi all! I just recently started my weight loss journey (45 days now) with my fiance and we're doing great. Just basic stuff- exercising, portion control, a MUCH more balanced diet. The problem I seem to be having is... my face keeps breaking out!!

When I was a teenager, my face was always like this. I am 28 now and for years have had smooth and perfect skin. As soon as we started losing weight however, it just started right back up like it never stopped. My skin care is the same so it has to be my diet. When I exercise, I immediately take a shower too.

We do take some new supplements (all just vitamins) so maybe that has an effect? Is this normal and what can I do to stop it?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No sure about that, but would talk to your dermatologist. I can honestly say that due to increased exercise (reduces stress), skin is better than it has been in years!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Fat cells in women store estrogen. As you lose weight, all kinds of weird things happen if substantial fat is burned.

You can get acne, hormonal etc.
  • tehmiminator
    Options
    I wonder if it's temporary or just going to happen while I lose weight? I have a facial scheduled today (and a wedding in one month!!!) so I'm hoping that can tone down the beast.