Is this bad? Eating & exercise query-

Options
Hey I normly eat around 1500-1800cals per day before exercise and aim around anywhere from 350-500cal burn per day.

Is this recommended or will I be reaching near starvation due to the 350-500 burn off? I feel fine and fairly energetic so I guess its ok but would like some peoples opinions of whats best?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    As a man I would suggest you get 1500 Net as a minimum so that would be 1500 plus the calories you burn through exercise as a minimum. So on days you burn 500 you should be aiming for a total of 2000 cals.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i say do what works for you.
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly fine, so long as you EAT YOUR EXERCISE calories! Is the 1500-1800 calories per day what has been recommended by MFP? If so, this already takes into account your daily deficit, and to eat any less would put your body into starvation. If you eat 1500 calories and burn off 500, you are, in fact only consuming 1000 calories a day - definitely not enough! Be happy with the fact that, on the days you work out, you can eat like a man possessed!
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok, it sounds like alot of cals thats all I was thinking as ive been having small meals like 250cals for breakfast normly some porridge sometimes add some fruit into it, then lunch normly a sandwich like wholemeal roll and turkey. Then its just dinner and I have 1k or so left without exercise 0_o I should prob get into the habbit of a shake or something between meals say 11am and 3pm.

I was also thinking then if you were to eat your designated 1400cals for example, if you didnt exercise and just ate the 1400 then your still gona loose weight, working out just allows you to eat more (ok and build some muscle)

edit-

Ive had a play with my settings for MFP, uped it to 2lbs per week loss rather then 1.5 and decreased my exercise from 5 to 4 times per week and knocked 5mins off , my cal counter is now at 1650 which sounds better (was 1900 before) which sounded mega high before exercise. Havnt had chance to do much exercise recently starting a new job out the house at 6.30am and get back around 5.20pm, have dinner around 6.30pm then do workout around 8.00 if im not going out.