anyone have my age/height/weight challenge?

Options
I am 50, 5 foot nothin' tall and over 20 years I have gained 90 pounds and now weigh 200!!! I have started wheezing when I try to keep up with anyone in my family when in a store...I hate bending over...I am just plain uncomfortable! My husband wants to take me to Hawaii but I told him I would have to lose at least 80 pounds first. I used to be so active and exercised A LOT...but when kids came along and I was teaching then we started moving a lot because of my husband's job, depression and anxiety took over and I started eating to relieve it instead of exercising. I quit paying attention to ME and now, here I am...20 years and 90 pounds later. And even though I am having problems and am very uncomfortable and unhappy with me, I am STILL having motivation issues.

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm too old, and too heavy, but my height is good,,,,,, thanks for asking :)
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    if you are having motivation issues check out the "success stories" portion of this message board. Nothing motivates me more than looking at the amazing transformations people have gone through. It makes me realize that i can do it too!
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have the height and weight - not much taller than you and over 300! I know what you mean about bending over, your body is getting in your own way and it sucks. You can do it, though! Just small changes every day will make that weight melt away. I also stress-eat, or eat to keep myself awake, or eat while I'm bored. I'm trying to change that habit and replace "eat" with "do a short work out on the Wii". It gives me more energy than a Snickers and I don't feel gross doing it.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    if you are having motivation issues check out the "success stories" portion of this message board. Nothing motivates me more than looking at the amazing transformations people have gone through. It makes me realize that i can do it too!

agreed
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot also. At one point I was 180 lbs. in my 20's and no kids. So I started losing and then got pregnant. After losing the weight from the fist child and keeping it off I got pregnant again. Only this time around I weighed 180 lbs. the day of delivery. Made me realize some things. So I really have to work at it and it's an every day struggle. But I work on 5 lbs. at a time...mini goals. If you can just start changing one thing today, maybe next week you can change one more thing. Start by cutting one thing out or adding a walk to your day. Sometimes you can't just jump in full force. My biggest things I cut down on was mayo, butter, salt and sugar. Good luck and I hope you find the motivation you need because it really does make a difference in the way you feel.
  • kmunchkin13
    kmunchkin13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'0" tall and almost 50. My weight has gone up and down for years. I also have an underactive thyroid to add into the mix and have had 3 children (50 pound pregnancy weight gain). The weight loss battle is difficult for everyone but we petite women have it a little harder than the rest. We are extremely limited for calories due to our height challenge! I have finally lost that 30 pounds (again!) and plan to keep it off this time. The only real suggestion I have is exercise, exercise, exercise it is the only thing that works for me. I can limit my calories and not lose weight but when I add in the exercise it works like a charm. Start out with short walks. I live near the beach and that was how I started about 1 1/2 years ago. My walks got longer and longer til I got up to about 5-6 miles per day. Then I started going to the gym and hopped on the eliptical - started with 10 minutes and worked my way up to 45 minutes per day. Good luck and know there are lots of us out here rooting for you!