Fit for forty in England?

Options
Hello,

Thought I'd finally write something on here.

I'm a big fat momma...literally I have to lose 6-7 stone and I have little kids.

I'm also going to be 40 in two years, and am developing a monumental mid-life crisis because I'll be turning 40 and returning to work in a youth/energy driven profession after being a SAHM.

It's all bubbling up nicely. I can no longer afford (again literally) to be big and fat. Being a momma's great though.

Is anyone else trying to lose such a lot of weight ...or trying to lose weight before they hit the 4 0... or before they return to work?

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Christ. You make it sound like being 40's over the hill. :bigsmile:

FWIW whilst I haven't had to lose a ton of weight, I'm 42 and have the fitness ambitions of a 20 year old that I'm pursuing hard. Er, that's to say I'm pursuing the fitness ambitions not the 20 year old. :laugh:

Frankly, I feel amazing. I think I'm awesome. Maybe I'm actually **** but I think I'm awesome and that's what counts. :laugh:

I love this kind of thing: http://youtu.be/8e8w3CCxX2I
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I've had some crazy stuff going on in my life, but my forties are my best decade! Just turned 42 and I love being in my 40s.
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and from Birmingham. Here's a short version of my story :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1422755-lost-168lb-and-had-life-saving-heart-surgery
  • doneation
    doneation Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow...real people. I wasn't really expecting any response. :) Thank you for sharing those links with me. It's inspiring to see people achieving their goals. I'll check them out properly when the babies are asleep.

I'm feeling the need to defend my fear of 40 :)

Without getting morbid or going into it any further, women in my family don't have a great record for longevity. Nothing specific, they just seem to get something or pop off their mortal coil in their late 40s. In my mind, it always been fixed that I had to be what I wanted to be (whatever that was) by the time I was 40 so I could just enjoy it before I hit that age. Big and fat wasn't quite what I had in mind and it's probably not great for any health issue anyway. And, yes, I know...I could just as easily live till I'm 93 :)

Thank you for making me feel so welcome.
    p.s. Where can I get one of those cool counters? :)
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Look around your settings that's where I found mine lol. Add me as a friend if you think I can help :-)
  • njax99
    njax99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I will however be 40 in 20 weeks!! I am 10kg down with another 30 to go, and have to do this! Would love to be friends and support each other. Need all the support I can get!!
  • jspanman
    jspanman Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 in 2 weeks and doing ok! You can do it!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and so far the 40s are really good. You *do* have to work harder at fitness than when younger. But it is worth it! Good luck to you and feel free to add me!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and have two kids. One in college, one is a teenager, so it's not that hard for me. Add me if you'd like - I am here daily :)
  • judeveg
    judeveg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have 7 stone to lose still and I'm nearly 40... as in I was 40 5 years ago. :tongue: