I need help...

Jitteryspork
Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I need help... plain and simple. I need someone to kick my butt and drag me out into the living room and get me moving. I need someone who is just as motivated as I would like to be.

I am unhappy with myself and I cry but it seems to be a self harming cycle that I am on. I set goals and I do well until one day when I have no options and after that its a downward spiral.

I need someone on speed dial to call up and say "help" and know they will talk me down off that ledge of chocolate cake. Someone I know is depending on me to be there too if they need me. I don't know what else to do. Can someone offer some advise? What took you to the point where you were FINALLY able to do this all the way?

I know this is a "me" problem, but I seem to be my own worst enemy.

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Hang in there and use this site to help you. When I don't feel like doing it, I log in and read other peoples successes and also their struggles. After all of that I don't feel alone and I also feel inspired. I stalked people who I thought were similar to me and would glean encouragement from their successes. I found that clicking on the search members section was helpful for me to find others who were about my age with the same weight loss goals.

Unfortunately, no one is going to pass out their cell phone numbers:wink: but on this site you can find what you need.:flowerforyou:

Take stock in what you have going for you! You are here, you are posting. Find something that makes you want this more than you want that cake or cookie or extra helping. Find an activity that at least gets you moving. Try dancing in the privacy of your bedroom, something, anything!! Just do it!

D
  • Well honey, I think it is a constant issue for us all. You fall off of the wagon, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on!!! :smile:

Keep trying, you can do this!!!
  • Jitteryspork
    Thank you all! I am on my 3rd try with this site. It is a wonderful site, and it helps alot just trying to find my niche I suppose. I am going to take the advise and use the search thing to find those like me in different areas. bynsky I really appreciate the support, and I know your little notes will help me a lot! Thanks for being there!
  • We are all in this together al we all have these moments when we wonder if we'll ever lose the weight. We are all in this together and we can do this together. Whenever you feel depressed, drop us a note (it will keep you away from the chocolate cake).
    I am new to this site, but feel free to add me as a friend and we can check on each other once in a while.
  • Jitteryspork
    We are all in this together al we all have these moments when we wonder if we'll ever lose the weight. We are all in this together and we can do this together. Whenever you feel depressed, drop us a note (it will keep you away from the chocolate cake).
    I am new to this site, but feel free to add me as a friend and we can check on each other once in a while.

I think I will be keeping this site up at work all the time, and even on my computer at home.. so I can just jump on
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    I know how you feel. We can do this!! We can kick butt together! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.