30 day shred

Options
Should I be doing this everyday? It is really hard on my muscles and I'm wondering how much recooperation time I need. Thanks!

Replies

• littlecarneygirl
    Options
    when i first started i was doing it every other day bc i felt i was going to wobble apart lol so i would try that till you are comfortable enough to do it more.
  • misty_68505
    Options
    I've been doing it everyday. My legs and arms are sooo sore, but that means it's working. Remember to get plenty of sleep at night, cause that's when those muscles start healing. And I take a rest day once a week. Good Luck!!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You should always allow 24-48 hours between weight training sessions for your body to recooperate. You shouldn't train the same muscles two days in a row.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Im new here but I know with excercise you have to set SMALL and realistic goals or you will give up sooner than you think. I was in the Marine Corps quite a few years ago and after I got out I really didn't keep up too much with excercise. So my plan now is to start small. If that means parking on the farthest parking space at the store or playing the dance Wii with my kids once or twice a week so be it. I find that it's easier to keepup with small things and move on than to set high standards and set yourself up for dissapointment and remorse ;) good luck!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it every single day. I'm on day 19. Do what works for you. I've been fine to do it every single day. I don't hurt/ache, I'm not sore etc. Listen to your body.
  • rache12581
    Options
    Hi my name is Rachel & this is my 2nd day on MFP.
    I'm doing the 30 day shred also. I started Jan 3rd w/ level 1 the 1st week & then did level 2 for 2 weeks b/c it was a little more difficult for me. by week 4 I began level 3 & boy is it tough. However in the last 3 weeks I have lost 9 lbs thanks to tracking my calorie intake & 30 DS. There is a lot of jumping (plyo) in level 3 & I have to admit it's really hard on my ankles & knees. I try to do it everyday but I have taken 2 days off in the past 3 weeks. Maybe you should give your self a break on days when you need it try working out another part of your body that doesn't hurt.
    Good luck & let's try to keep eachother motivated now that we have somethig in common ;)