Apple Watch

Options
So.... I can't believe no one's replied to my earlier post about this. Anyone drooling over it like me? Seems so much easier than using something like a fitbit AND a heart rate monitor.

What do you all think?

Replies

• Paul_Collyer
    Paul_Collyer Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'll reserve judgement for now.......let someone like DC Rainmaker get their hands on it before considering it for activity tracking.
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    not enough spec information, all apps on show were demos, the amount of choice is dizzying and makes it difficult to choose, the fact that it is catching up with samsung gear, pebble or lg watches means that people will constantly be comparing it to them and wondering why it took them so long to come up with something that is not that much more innovative than those already on the market, its going to take months before its available which means that it was rushed for the event yesterday and isnt finished yet, i could go on

i'm sure people will buy it without really thinking about it and say its the greatest thing ever not realising that it is just copying whats already available

the more intriguing thing is apple pay by NFC which should really help android (by all accounts) because google wallet and NFC pay has been available for years on android but its struggled because of lack of big support for it... now the support will be there android phones can jump on the back of it and it makes it more useful on phones that have had this for years
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Want!! I'll be getting one!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    So you wrote a topic, bumped it a few hours later, waited a few minutes and wrote a new post on the same topic. Hmm. You really want to discuss this Apple Watch huh :laugh:
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well... I bumped it and it didn't show up for me!
    I'm an idiot obviously :-)
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It is reported to be starting at $350. Too rich for me, when I hesitate on getting a fit at $99. I have a flip phone, so I don't know if it will work when you do not have a smart phone.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So.... I can't believe no one's replied to my earlier post about this. Anyone drooling over it like me? Seems so much easier than using something like a fitbit AND a heart rate monitor.

What do you all think?

I'm drooling....lol
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It is reported to be starting at $350. Too rich for me, when I hesitate on getting a fit at $99. I have a flip phone, so I don't know if it will work when you do not have a smart phone.

From what I read yesterday you will need an iPhone 5 and 6. This will mean in will have to upgrade. But I think this is just if you want to sync it to your emails etc. Which you will probably want to do if yours buying it.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Well... I bumped it and it didn't show up for me!
    I'm an idiot obviously :-)
    Well, doh, it's APPLE! Who wouldn't want to discuss an Apple product??? Yours truly is a true Apple fan girl... I totally get it.
  • Whagwan83
    Whagwan83 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i'm sure people will buy it without really thinking about it and say its the greatest thing ever not realising that it is just copying whats already available

It's an apple product so 100% this. People will be queueing overnight to buy something that has already been on the market for months, and convincing themselves they have got something special.
  • fwhittaker
    Options
    But is it on the market already? Before I bought my fitbit last week, I did lots of research and I couldn't find any device that tracks steps, sleep etc AND monitors heart rate. All the forums on here seem to say this also, which is why many people have two devices. Maybe I'm missing something....

@AglaeaC - well, yeah!
  • Whagwan83
    Whagwan83 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    But is it on the market already? Before I bought my fitbit last week, I did lots of research and I couldn't find any device that tracks steps, sleep etc AND monitors heart rate. All the forums on here seem to say this also, which is why many people have two devices. Maybe I'm missing something....

@AglaeaC - well, yeah!

Galaxy Gear Fit does all these things.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/wearables/gear/SM-R3500ZKABTU
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    NFC won't be available in AUS for a while yet as all our banks are going to have to sort them selves out. Never mind what all the retailers will have to do. They are still struggling with having to pin for payments and not sign anymore. With regards to the watch, might wait for watch 2.0 or 3.0 before buying.
    Like most things with Apple (total Apple house hold) their 2nd generation stuff is much better.
  • d0mcat
    Options
    I'll be getting one for sure. Hope they make the UK price right and don't change the dollar sign for a pound one!
  • benjib84
    Options
    I actually think the Galaxy fit looks nicer
  • fwhittaker
    Options

@AglaeaC - well, yeah!

Galaxy Gear Fit does all these things.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/wearables/gear/SM-R3500ZKABTU
    It does too! Poo, should have bought one of those I s'pose!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    The NFC wll be nice if you live in the Wellington region of NZ, because all the bus services here have machines that you can pay using it - I have a card with the chip embedded in it - but people with Android phones have the chip in their phone so have just used the app to scan their phone when boarding buses here. There are a few shops here that have the same machines as the buses as well so you can use your bus money to pay for a coffee. I know this is going to take off here now big time because so many people have iPhones. This city is big on iPhones.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...I have a flip phone...

Thank goodness! I'm not the only one! :embarassed:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ...I have a flip phone...

Thank goodness! I'm not the only one! :embarassed:

a8232f546b58c8867d0b7440e7c6139da343c31abdab69aac90c381e0f1a4232.jpg