Coffee??

Options
I am stayed away from coffee for a long time while I was losing weight but I am just wondering if coffee is good or bad for weight loss?? We have a coffee machine at home and have been very tired lately (thanks to my kid that don't sleep) and was gonna start drinking coffee again to help perk me up but don't wanna affect my weight/fat loss as only have about 5-10lbs to go to my main target and it's already started stalling. Any advice??

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Coffee itself does not generally affect weight loss. It's what's added to the coffee that has to be accounted for. If you drink it black, that shouldn't be a problem. But if the only way you can drink coffee is with creamer, try different ones (or milk) that will limit the amount of calories you are drinking.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I can't function without at least 1 coffee in the morning!
    But i have it black with a sweetener.
    Less than 5 cals. :wink:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of coffee every morning. And I drink mine with hot cocoa powder and flavored creamer!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have coffee every morning and my coffee comes in at 66 calories with the creamer and sugar.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?

I am an addict. I like mine with sweetener AND creamer, but skip the creamer most of the time to cut back on calories.

I say, enjoy your coffee! Especially if you're only having a cup or two a day.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Coffee is always a YES..

Thinking of that I need another cup
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I need my morning coffee, for my sanity and the safety of others around me.

I use the flavored creamer (I.D Fat Free French Vanilla), 2 tablespoons - yes I measure - and no sugar anymore, the creamer is sweet enough.

I've been drinking coffee the entire 2 years I've been here!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Just log what you put into your coffee
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Mine.
  • bikaga
    bikaga Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm doing fine with my coffee, and I like it very milky. As long as you track the calories, it shouldn't really matter. If you're sluggish and out of energy without coffee that'll bring you down more ;)

(I'm also keeping my milky coffees as the "once I get closer to the target, if I need to let go of some calories I'll leave out the milk" option!)
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Black coffee. It's about 10 cals. a gallon. I consider that a challenge.
  • jamiesontaylor
    Options
    I struggle with this. I have gout which can be affected by coffee intake (and alcohol which is why I don't drink anymore). So I have to limit my coffee intake throughout the week. Generally one cup in the morning (with sweetener to get that little sugar boost) then another two cups (black) throughout the day. I also have some oj in the morning to go with the coffee.

Other than that I have water and/or milk during the day and into the evening. The gout can play havoc with doing cardio. I'm grateful for rowing machines.

Anyway, first time posting, had the a bad gout flair-up for awhile (that's when I figured out the whole coffee thing - definitely overdoing it) so i am now just getting back into this - could definitely use some morale support - cheers to everyone and tallyho
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I can't function without at least 1 coffee in the morning!
    But i have it black with a sweetener.
    Less than 5 cals. :wink:
    Yep, I'm in the habit as well.

tumblr_mt43xfl91i1si683ro1_400.gif

Black with stevia at home, otherwise sugar. Doesn't add much in the calories. And I can't stand the thought/smell/taste of creamer in it, so that saves even more.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Black coffee has +/- 2 calories per cup, depending on how you make it. That low calorie total will not impact your weight loss until you start mainlining it via IV. Adding sugar, cream, and the various flavorings available will add calories to coffee, obviously, and should be tracked accordingly.

Trying to keep me from my coffee will have an impact on weight loss, because one of us will probably need to be fed through a straw for a while.
  • MsDellyssa
    MsDellyssa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love coffee.. Love the idea, the smell, just everything.. BUT.. I only drink one cup a day. Apparently that's all I need and it has to a weak cup.. Because my body said so, that's why. I only put creamer in and it comes up to 42 calories for my cup.. which is cool with me. I haven't put sugar in my coffee in several years now. Decided it wasn't worth it, and quit putting it in one day. I'm weird like that.. Sadly, I can't seem to let go of the creamer... maybe one day.. I hope.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My first cup is 75 calories with 2 TBSP flavored creamer, and the second cup is 5 calories, black. It doesn't impact weight loss for me at all.

Weight loss or weight gain is all a matter of a ratio between calories in and calories out.
  • alecdlewis1
    alecdlewis1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Everything said above me is total truth, and having a 1 1/12 year old that isn't wanting to sleep either, I feel your pain. If you are a Starbucks Addict, be wary- but that doesn't mean you can't have a delicious cup of coffee and not splurge on calories or fat.
    Favorite thing to make when I am at work( and I work in a starbucks) is
    Venti Iced Coffee
    3 pumps Mocha
    3 pumps White Mocha
    1 shot espresso
    1 shot breve ( which is half/half)
    for 26 onces with ice is 235 calories, and you can usually find great low calorie ideas from your local barista's as well
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone you hear so much stuff about what is good or bad for weight loss I just got worried, will defo have a espresso tomorrow if I am still feeling tired and yuck ????☕️
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I have had it daily for years no problem with losing weight with it

29509743.png
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I need my morning coffee, for my sanity and the safety of others around me.

I use the flavored creamer (I.D Fat Free French Vanilla), 2 tablespoons - yes I measure - and no sugar anymore, the creamer is sweet enough.

I've been drinking coffee the entire 2 years I've been here!

I have never heard of flavoured creamer before maybe it's not available in England but am defo gonna look out for it as I use to use the syrups in coffee and loved them