Healthy Lifestyle begins now And I'm not quitting this time!

Options
Hello All!
I am new here to the site. I signed up after I got a Fitbit and my friends showed me how awesome these two programs work together. So here I am... Ready to start this journey of losing weight, getting healthy, and overcoming my PCOS. I have about a year and a half or so till I will be 30 years old, so that is my goal right now. By the time I am 30, I want to be at my goal weight, be fit, be healthy, and hopefully start a family. I always try to stay positive with everything. I think that is so important. I would love to make friends here and get/give support, so feel free to add me as a friend and we can share on this journey together!

Best wishes to you all!!

Ashley

Replies

• jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Looking into the fitbit also. My main problem ( other than over-eating ) is lack of excersise.
    Heading to Amazon now lol
  • gingerpeachy6
    gingerpeachy6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but I did log everything for awhile to get an idea of portions and amount of calories I burned.

For me the biggest part of sticking with is making small changes. I made a point of coming home everyday and working out no matter what. Once I started seeing some results, it lead to healthier eating.

One day at a time :)

Keep posting and do whatever works for you!
  • ashbeth2214
    ashbeth2214 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The fitbit has been great for me so far! It definitely takes some work, and you do have to enter things in, just like on here, and for some people, they just do not like tracking. I like it because I am constantly aware of everything I am doing and eating throughout the day, and right now, that is what I need. Definitely give it a try! I am loving it! And, Ginger, you are right! It's one day at a time, trying things a little at a time and not overwhelming yourself. This is ultimately a life-long journey, so make the most of it and focus on being the best you!
  • tkenley123
    tkenley123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with my weight since I was 22. This is the first time I've lost significant weight. One decision I made that has really paid off is not eating diet stuff. Seriously. I'll have 1-2 diet sodas in a week, but for the most part, I eat REAL food, but in moderate proportions. REAL, quality ingredients satisfy me much more than low-calorie, low-fat chemical laden substitute. AND, logging... is.... everything. MFP makes it very easy to do that.
    When I started walking, I was already on my way in losing the weight, it just kicked it into overdrive.
  • alexhildebrandt
    Options
    This is awesome, Ashley. I hope to also keep up with your level of motivation!
  • gingerpeachy6
    Options
    I am in the whatever works club. The best plan is the one you will stick with :)

Godspeed to all..gotta go do my workout the day is getting away from me D'oh!
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ashley, I'm Anne...I have found that being accountable to myself is the hardest ..... but logging in helps me a lot. I also have found what works for me is setting small and obtainable, realistic goals, then when obtaining them, I reward myself with something I can see ...lately its the Alex and Ani bracelets. I find each charm represents a goal....I bought my first which was the compass as it symbolizes direction and transition....that's where I have started....my life in a new direction and the transition from my old life (unhealthy) to my new healthy one....when days are tough, I look at the compass and remember .....good luck to you please feel free to add me as well, the more people to help keep me on track....better I will be. Have a great day :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • gingerpeachy6
    Options
    Welcome Ashley, I'm Anne...I have found that being accountable to myself is the hardest ..... but logging in helps me a lot. I also have found what works for me is setting small and obtainable, realistic goals, then when obtaining them, I reward myself with something I can see ...lately its the Alex and Ani bracelets. I find each charm represents a goal....I bought my first which was the compass as it symbolizes direction and transition....that's where I have started....my life in a new direction and the transition from my old life (unhealthy) to my new healthy one....when days are tough, I look at the compass and remember .....good luck to you please feel free to add me as well, the more people to help keep me on track....better I will be. Have a great day :smile: :flowerforyou:

This is such an inspirational way to mark your journey :)