Help w/Exercise

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
I know that the secret to weight loss is to burn more calories than you consume. But there has to be one more secret that I have not unleashed. Is there a secret exercise that is easy enough for us really heavy people that doesn't make us feel like we are going to pass out? One that doesn't make us feel like "I can't do this!" That's part of my problem. After 3 minutes I feel like I'm gonna die and I just give up. Does anyone have any suggestions of some thing low impact that won't make me feel like I'm killing myself and might actually be FUN???? Any good video?? There aren't any gyms close by my area of town. I have a room dedicated to working out but I just haven't found the right video or whatever. Suggestions please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memaw

I'm tired of being tired!!!

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    I know that the secret to weight loss is to burn more calories than you consume. But there has to be one more secret that I have not unleashed. Is there a secret exercise that is easy enough for us really heavy people that doesn't make us feel like we are going to pass out? One that doesn't make us feel like "I can't do this!" That's part of my problem. After 3 minutes I feel like I'm gonna die and I just give up. Does anyone have any suggestions of some thing low impact that won't make me feel like I'm killing myself and might actually be FUN???? Any good video?? There aren't any gyms close by my area of town. I have a room dedicated to working out but I just haven't found the right video or whatever. Suggestions please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memaw

I'm tired of being tired!!!
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the Wii Fit is alot of fun

Rosie
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I keep saying it .... ZUMBA!!!!! sign up for some zumba classes or im sure they sell zumba videos.... its so much fun and you can do it at your own level (gentle moves or exagerated moves like the instructor does).... and seriously so much fun!!! i am not a small girl but lemme tell you i can shake my bootie with the rest of them:laugh: and i swear i burn so many calories just from laughing!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

here is what zumba looks like

jackie
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Bicycle--easy on the joints, you can go as slow/fast as you wish, and it's fun! Start off with just a few minutes and build up gradually. It's great!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Walk around the block and smile at random dogs and flowers.

Then next day do it again.

Then next day again.

Then next day, twice.

And so on, and so on. I highly recommend that exercise tapes and gym be used by people who love exercise tapes and gym. (personally I like most kinds of exercise)

The secret is finding something you like to do that happens to burn calories. Could be gardening. Could be rock-climbing. Could be Wii.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Walking is the best exercise, it's easy and it's FREE. Take a couple of short walks a day, do what you can, at least 5 days a week. You can walk 10 minutes or 20 minutes, what ever you can do, and next week go a little longer and a little faster, then the next week increase again. This way to don't feel like you are over working and get breathless. I did this with my friend that was extremely overweight and felt that she could not exercise...now she hikes a couple of miles with me once a week and the rest of the week, she speed walk one mile twice a day. :happy:

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    Options
    I keep saying it .... ZUMBA!!!!! sign up for some zumba classes or im sure they sell zumba videos.... its so much fun and you can do it at your own level (gentle moves or exagerated moves like the instructor does).... and seriously so much fun!!! i am not a small girl but lemme tell you i can shake my bootie with the rest of them:laugh: and i swear i burn so many calories just from laughing!!!!!!

jackie
    OMG that looks like so much fun!!! I would hurt someone if I shook my booty like that!! LOL
    Is there a website to find a class??? I really miss my jazzercise class. They closed the class and I haven't been able to find another one that fits with my schedule in my area. :sad:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    water aerobics, curves is a great place and effective ,walking that is is what works for me hang in there and start slow and increase it will work :flowerforyou:
  • momac140
    Options
    Walking is the best overall activity when you are starting out.

Biking is non-weight bearing.

Leslie Sansone videos are relatively easy (you can increase intensity). She is a good motivator.

Good Luck.
  • jackeh
    Options

jackie
    OMG that looks like so much fun!!! I would hurt someone if I shook my booty like that!! LOL
    Is there a website to find a class??? I really miss my jazzercise class. They closed the class and I haven't been able to find another one that fits with my schedule in my area. :sad:

I tried to find a class in canyon lake, TX but i couldnt find anything ... i dont know how far you are willing to go but they have classes in San Antonio TX

http://www.zumbasa.com/Class Schedule.htm
  • memaw66
    Options

jackie

I tried to find a class in canyon lake, TX but i couldnt find anything ... i dont know how far you are willing to go but they have classes in San Antonio TX

I did locate a few out in my area. I have emailed a couple of instructors. Are the classes expensive? Is it hard to do? Looks like fun? I will just feel so BIG!!! All those people in that video were already small. Know what I mean?? When I did jazzercise there were BIG girls there so I didn't feel so bad and the instructor/owner was so nice and made me feel so welcome and we became good freinds I just hope I can find a class like that.
  • jackeh
    Options

jackie

I did locate a few out in my area. I have emailed a couple of instructors. Are the classes expensive? Is it hard to do? Looks like fun? I will just feel so BIG!!! All those people in that video were already small. Know what I mean?? When I did jazzercise there were BIG girls there so I didn't feel so bad and the instructor/owner was so nice and made me feel so welcome and we became good freinds I just hope I can find a class like that.

ummm im in canada so im not sure what the prices are there.... it is so not hard to do i mean i have only been to a few classes but i have gotten the hang of it!!! and might i say i look hot shakin ma booty lol.... It is so much fun!!! and i wouldnt worry about being a big girl.... seriously i am a big girl myself and there are a few big girls in my class.... and really does it matter what they think? lemme tell you i can do the booty shake way better than all those skinny girls:wink: bring a friend with you??? it makes is so much fun as you laugh at each other lol.....
    here is something that i always tell myself ....its a quote that i heard once upon a time and its so fitting :smile:
    "You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought of you if you knew how seldom they did."
    its true cause when you are doing these classes who really is focusing on you???? no one!!! they are all worried the same way you are .... worried you are judging them....so really you can do this girl... if i can you can :)

jackie
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

jackie

hey there I just did this video and it's awesome! thnx so much