Mashed potatoes or white rice?

Options
13»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yep that's where my mind went and the thought of potatoes mashed with dark chocolate nearly made me hurl

I can only hope that was a troll.

Some years ago there was a restaurant in Chicago called Mashed Potato Company that basically did entries that were potatoes mixed with stuff. I think the sweeter ones, including the chocolate-based ones, were sweet potato based, typically. You could have mashed potatoes with stuff as the entrée and then sweet potato with sweet stuff as the dessert.
  • Nunilwen
    Nunilwen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I ended up taking a small portion of mashed potatoes and I made a curry sauce instead of BBQ sauce with my chicken!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    White carbs are scientifically proven to be strored as fat straight away, even when eaten in what some would call "caloric deficit". You have to eat brown rice and brown potatos. Or you can mash your potatoes with something dark, that will do the trick

First I was like :noway: :huh: then I was like :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You should stop think in terms of what is worse for you, and just start eating what you like, and making it fit your goals. If you like mashed potatoes better with fried chicken, the do that. Don't sacrifice because somebody somewhere told you carbs make you fat.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well that depends, I make my mashed potatoes with 50% butter, 50% potato.

*Like*
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I think you're making this a little more complicated than it has to be.

Relax a little.
    It'll be fine whichever one you choose.

There is more to life than obsessing over potatoes and rice.

Choose one. Portion out an amount that will fit into your daily allowance.
    And boom. Done. Eat. And enjoy.

No regrets.

^^^This!!
    Unless you are low carbing you don't need to worry one or the other. Its all about portion control. Brown rice & sweet potatoes are said to be more healthy. But you still end up with the same macro structure.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yep that's where my mind went and the thought of potatoes mashed with dark chocolate nearly made me hurl

I can only hope that was a troll.

Some years ago there was a restaurant in Chicago called Mashed Potato Company that basically did entries that were potatoes mixed with stuff. I think the sweeter ones, including the chocolate-based ones, were sweet potato based, typically. You could have mashed potatoes with stuff as the entrée and then sweet potato with sweet stuff as the dessert.

Not that I think anyone cares, but I realized right after I wrote this that the right name was the Mashed Potato Club. That's why I couldn't find it on the internet.

Here's an article about the former restaurant: http://www.chibarproject.com/Memoriam/MashedPotatoClub/MashedPotatoClub.htm

I'd forgotten it also was a martini bar, but everything was around that time. It was a bizarre place.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    To clarify a bit, the rice was boiled in water and then drained. The mashed potatoes were peeled and milk, butter and a little salt was added in!

I plan to fry some chicken breast meat in 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil to eat with either rice or mashed potatoes topped with just a bit of BBQ sauce for flavor!

For gosh sakes why would you have to drain Jasmine rice? 2:1 ratio water:rice, bring to a boil, set to min, cook for 15 min, turn off burner, set timer for another 15 min. fluff rice with fork and serve.

Easiest rice ever.
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    White carbs are scientifically proven to be strored as fat straight away, even when eaten in what some would call "caloric deficit". You have to eat brown rice and brown potatos. Or you can mash your potatoes with something dark, that will do the trick

Um. No.

Great argument, just no. Do you even squat bro I have nothing to say
  • Sandigesha
    Options
    Our bodies have adapted to store white COLOURED carbs as fat since white sugary substance was only available food on many planets, through which the reptilian species (who will later become humans, well, with some help of aliens of course)migrated , and during long flights they would go monthes without food so the bodies would save it as fat and not waste on energy, heating, etc. Before reptilians came to earth many milleniums were spent in space during which time this biological feature developed, now we suffer for our incestors, YES CHOCOLATE SYRUP WILL HELP!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Seriously?!
  • Sandigesha
    Options

Seriously?!

Really???!