Ladies trying to get back into it post-miscarriage

Options
2»

Replies

• NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Going to chime in here because I have far more experience than anyone would like with miscarriage and child loss- I've lost several pregnancies as well as a preterm daughter. YOU ARE NOT ALONE

You need to take care of you. That's #1. See a doctor. Therapy is honestly what has saved my life. Walking helps too. You don't need to jump into crazy cardio. Walking and yoga are wonderful and therapeutic. Move slowly, and don't force yourself.
  • florallove92
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I've lost 2 babies, one at 20 weeks (my first little girl angel) and one at 11 weeks. They were both hard and grief is totally a roller coaster. Hang on for the ride and try to let yourself feel, otherwise you bottle it up and it comes out in other ways.

I love the way you are attacking the weight loss, though. Gym/diet/etc will help you feel in control while dealing with something that was so out of your control. And, just to give you hope, I now have 4 children, my first boy I got pregnant with after my first period after my 20 week loss. It was an emotional pregnancy and I was anxious, but everything worked out just fine and he's a happy, healthy 12 year old now.

*hugs*

Thank you! I'm very sorry for your losses as well. I am glad to hear that you have your four kids now after two losses. Hearing things like that always helps give me hope. I am also hoping that it will not happen a second time, (sometimes I feel selfish saying that). I know that I am going to be super nervous regardless! I was so discouraged.

I'm going to try my best to be consistent with the exercise, bad days will come but I cannot let every single bad day get in the way I suppose! :smile: It will not only help my physical health but my overall health both inside and out!

Thank you again for your kind advice
  • florallove92
    Options
    I lost my little boy Finley in January 2013 and I just wanted to reach out and say, it gets better. I talk to Finn a lot and think about him a lot, but I am no longer sad. 20 days ago I gave birth to an amazing little girl, and no I know she will have an angel brother always watching her

I'm very sorry for the loss of your son. On the opposite side of it, Congratulations on birth of your daughter! Best of luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know the pain you feel, as I lost a baby boy at 16 weeks 2 years ago this Christmas.

My best advice is to take it one day, one minute, one second at a time. Hugs.
  • florallove92
    Options
    My wife and I went through this 3 years ago. I will say it hurt and it seemed at times like life could never be the same. It took a while for us to get to the point where we could even start trying again but things get better over time. Hang in there.

I'm very sorry for your loss! Thank you for the kind words. At first, I thought I would never get out of how I felt, when I have an off day now, I look back and think wow, I really did come this far. Day by day I have learned to manage a little bit better :smile:. All the best to you and your wife
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, it's such a difficult time. Just don't be too hard on yourself, your body is adjusting from the all hormone changes. Only thing that helped me was time. I also found that writing in a journal was really helpful. And letting myself cry. It also was helpful to believe in the future, believe there would be another pregnancy. Maybe just start by taking little steps, a short walk once a day, I found being outside was helpful. Good luck to you, believe.:flowerforyou:
  • florallove92
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know the pain you feel, as I lost a baby boy at 16 weeks 2 years ago this Christmas.

My best advice is to take it one day, one minute, one second at a time. Hugs.

I'm so sorry for your loss, sending lots of positive thoughts your way this Christmas. Thank you for the kind words and advice. Best of luck.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Be aware of the fact that you may have a post partum depression. That is what happened to me. I never had been depressed before and did not understand what was happening to me. Your body and your hormones are reacting like after a full term pregnancy.

Thank you! I am sorry for your loss as well. I actually never even thought of postpartum depression for some reason, I'm not sure why I haven't. Thank you for mentioning that. I am going to speak with my family doctor, my ob/gyn is a great dr. but never really seemed to be too concerned with anything post miscarriage.

I will echo this advice as well. After my miscarriage i was diagnosed with post partum depression, and a therapist and medication helped me greatly.

Another word of advice: pay close attention to any changes in your body. I had a D&C after my miscarriage. A few weeks after that, I developed a lump in my breast. Long story short, due to all of the hormonal changes post miscarriage/surgery, I had an infected cyst in my breast that had to be treated surgically. Thankfully I did not wait on my symptoms and sought a doctor asap or the infection could have been much worse.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Please feel free to PM/friend me if you ever need to talk about anything :flowerforyou: