Weigh In

Options
How often should I be weighing myself???

Replies

• sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    some people are different but I recomend once a week pick a day and time and weigh yourself at that time and day every week.
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    No more than once a week.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Everone has different times to weigh in. I chose to weigh in on the 15th and last day of the month. But I know alot chose to weigh in every week, just make sure you weigh in at the same time of day, like first thing in the morning.
  • PurpleJellyean
    PurpleJellyean Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would weigh in once a week, in the morning, prior to breakfast and naked so that it is always consistent. ;)
  • crys30
    crys30 Posts: 43
    Options
    In the office where I work we have a scale, and I constantly find myself weighing in. I figured that was a bad thing because sometimes it discourages me all together when I see those numbers. I've been told once you start a diet to only weigh in once a week so you can see how you are progressing.

But it is nice when you see those numbers lower too.
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to ween myself off of weighing in everyday. It can be very discouraging as your weight fluctuates so much due to water, so if you can once a week. Some people do it once a month. I'm not weighing myself again till Feb 1st. Always make sure to do it in the morning after you've used the bathroom as that's when you'll be the lightest :)
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Once a week, anymore than that you will get discouraged somedays your body will retain more water. Remember the more water u drink more it will take out your system
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in was on a Monday morning, before breakfast & naked in the bathroom...so I do the same every week now.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Right. What others have said. No more than once a week. In the morning (after a good night's sleep) after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking and naked. I say after a good night's sleep because for me, that is when I have the best weigh-ins. I get to sleep late on Saturday and Sunday, so I use one of those days to weigh in. It works for me!!
  • chuckm403
    chuckm403 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would weigh in once a week, in the morning, prior to breakfast and naked so that it is always consistent. ;)

Ditto!