What are the top 3 reasons you to stop tracking?

Options
I was just thinking about reasons why I stop tracking and was curious about why others do.

My top 3 would be:

1. Apathy - if I get to 6-8% body fat it's hard to care after that, which causes me to stop and within 4-6 months go up to 15%
2. Binge eating - if I'm cutting down and I get a craving to get a pizza and a chocolate cake, tend to stop tracking after that
3. Stress - exams, tests, work pile up and there seems to be no extra time to do anything

What are the top 3 reasons you to stop tracking?

Replies

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great topic, maybe if we can find out what the cause, we can find the solution:

1) - Guilt, if I go over my calories or don't eat healthy, I feel guilty about tracking and the cycle continues
    2) - Lack of Progress, if I'm tracking and don't see progress on the scale or I'm not seeing results, I loose interest
    3) - Complacency, once you think you have it all figured out and you can keep "Mental Counts" you stop tracking.

It will be interesting to see others. I'm now on my longest stretch for tracking and hoping it continues for another year, but for me it's one week at a time.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    1. After eating an unplanned meal and I have no clue how many calories to write down and cannot find something close in the database.

2. After eating something I shouldn't have and feel really guilty.

3. When out of town and no Internet.