Any other breastfeeding or have breastfed mommas out there?

Options
MPwife10
MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
I have been here before and lost almost 100lbs but then my husband came home from deployment and we decided to try for baby #3. I gained almost 30lbs while pregnant and tried to lose weight after she was born but my milk supply was dropping so I made the choice to breastfeed and would work on weight loss after she was one. Now we are at our one year goal and working on year two but I would like to hopefully start losing weight and hopefully continue breastfeeding. I have a goal of losing my baby weight before my husband's military Christmas dinner in Dec.

I am looking for friends and advice to help with my journey. Anyone looking for friends can add me...you don't have to be breastfeeding.

Replies

• waltzingaround11
    waltzingaround11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me! I'll friend you and message you my story :)
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I breastfed three children. My husband is also military and we have been through many deployments.

Your milk supply should be well established. Lactic acid can build up in breast milk and cause it to change taste. Stick with steady state cardio, drop your calories by about 300 and you should be ok. Adjust as needed.
  • ChristyB1117
    ChristyB1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In the first three months, I lost weight without trying. After that though, I was not able to lose much weight while breastfeeding - at most maybe .25 lbs a week otherwise my supply tanked. Finally, after weaning my kiddo around 20 months, I was able to start losing a little faster. But my body has always been stubborn when it comes to hormones and losing weight. I have read that really making sure you are getting a high protein, good fat diet and plenty of water will help with supply. I had one lady at a weight watchers meeting tell me her Ob suggested almonds and avocado as her main snacks and that really helped her. Good luck!
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That you for the advice ladies. I am really hoping my journey can be stress free this time lol.
  • Skatha89
    Skatha89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :) I'm nursing my 20 month old, and nursed my oldest to 3 (continuously, they are 23 months apart). I've lost my 15lbs extra from DS2, but still have 25 from DS1.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I'm currently breastfeeding my 5 month old (multitasking!!). I lost a whole bunch of weight in the first 6 weeks because I had post-partum anxiety (not depression) and barely ate except for toast and multivitamins. After my hormones balanced out I lost about another 8 lbs slooooowly and have another 12 to go to get back to pre-preggo weight.
    Anyway, I don't have much advice. I'm struggling with finding the balance between eating enough for baby but still losing weight.