Inches.

Options
Hi, i know this might sound a little dumb, ive not been loosing much weight (i get weighed weekly), but friends have been saying "god you've lost weight havent you!", i just dont see it myself, ive only lost 3lbs in about 4 or 5 weeks, but i was wondering if im maybe loosing inches rather then alot of weight, i go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and started swimming a few times a week also, the problem i have is (this is the dumb part) i want to measure my "inches" but where exactly am i ment to measure?

thank you for any help :)

Replies

• mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi, well done on inches loss, I much prefer measuring than weighting, but do weight for the purpose of keeping my lost on here. So I measure, chest, waist, hip, thighs, some people measure other parts like neck, ankles etc. :bigsmile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    if you go to 'check in' it gives you a few places to measure (waist, hips, chest, etc). you can add additional ones as well. i just measure boobs, waist, belly, hips, thigh, upper arm.

hope that helps!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    yes do it now. Measure your neck, your bust, your waist, your arms, your thighs and calf. you'd be amazed at how much smaller they'll go. I have been doing p90x for 3 weeks and I haven't lost a pound but have lost inches (6) and I'll take that over weight anyday. That's what makes my pants fit better etc. :)

Way to go on your working out!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i do both im the other way i drop pounds inches take forever for me never knew why.
  • amaliasmom
    amaliasmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You probably are losing inches. I've only lost about 10 pounds and I can already see a noticeable difference,because I've lost several inches. My clothes also seem to be quite a bit looser. I measure my neck, waist, hips and bust. I know that some people also measure arms, thighs and that sort of thing. So I guess you can measure whatever you want. I measure once a week when I do my weigh in.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
  • racheyanne1
    Options
    Im in the same boat...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I measure waist, hips, chest, bicep, forearm, wrist, neck, and thigh. It's nice to see inches (fat) coming off from all over!
  • chantelleB23
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

i'm not to bothered if i dont loose weight quickly as long as something is happening then im happy with that.

i'm going to go measure now. Thanks again :)