How do you guys make those cute tickers???

Options
I would love to have a 30 pounds to go ticker to inspire me and keep me motivated. I think each time I see those, wow that's a good motivator!
Good luck everyone ! Thanks for the help.

Another question~ I am 'getting started again'.........I was a gym rat my whole adult life and love working out and feeling good.....well I got lazy and basically stopped going to the gym- sidelined by mommyhood and my husband's death. I'm now a widow and the kids are in school now full time so I am getting back to working out- I want to lose 30 lbs and feel good about myself again. I also just want to look good again which MAKES me feel good......you all know how the cycle goes.

My question is this: I started back on Monday and went balls out and now I'm SO SORE.... I worked out again on Tuesday and pushed through but today I'm literally barely able to walk LOL..... should I just focus on glutes, hamstrings and quads since those are the only muscles that don't hurt......and then just some cardio ?

One more question (sorry)..... I sweat like a frigging man......is it normal to sweat so much??? Granted I do work hard- I don't half *kitten* it......I guess everyone is sweating but I don't notice (I hope that's all it is ????) .... I literally am drenched when I leave and have to hit the shower the moment I get home lol... THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ/ANSWER........off to the gym now :-))) - Jeannie

Replies

• FemWeight
    Options
    I use to think sweating was nasty but now I know it just shows how hard I'm working. I am sure you're probably working your *kitten* off and deserve to sweat that much :)

Also, I think I found my ticker in the settings on my profile. I just happened upon it the other day. But now sadly I can't find it. I hope someone who remembers can tell you.

HAGD !
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Go to APPS (from the top line of the page) and then click on Tickers (from the line underneath.)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I've had mine so long, I don't even remember. I remember picking the picture for mine but I'd be hard pressed to tell you how it's done.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Go to your page, tap your picture it will take you to your page and there you will see the option to " personalize ticker"
  • thank you all :) I found it......

I am so upset I'm actually gaining weight ?!? I gained a POUND lol......
    I know I'm PMS and weight fluctuates throughout the day but it's so frustrating LOL........uggggggggh

Well I put in an hour of free weights and machines and then for cardio (since it's so beautiful outside) I went for a nice long, fast bike ride...... xox

73523289.png
  • chaines7169
    chaines7169 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know you want to weight in everyday, I know I do, but being 59 I am use to the 5-7lb fluctuations all my life. You are young, especially with PMS, expect 5lb fluctulations, so maybe for you weight yourself every 3 days or even just once a week. and Be kind and gentle with yourself. Just be glad your are back in the gym, moving again and sweating.
  • bimmerjt9
    Options
    I had to hold myself back and build things up slow to avoid injuring myself and derailing the effort.

I guess that's a cautionary tale, I hurt myself a couple times figuring that out.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself every day. It will depress you. I weigh in once every week and take measurements once every month. Also helps to do the same scale, in the same place, same time of day, and the same clothes on (or lack thereof). I'm dying to know if the scale has moved, since I'm pretty sure it has this week, but I'm traveling. Even though there is a scale in the gym, I refuse to get on it. I will wait until I get home and weigh on Saturday like normal. Thankfully, inches are coming off, or I would be super depressed :).
  • odywithaj
    odywithaj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale everyday, minus the week I'm PMSing.... then i'm good :)