Fitness Clothing/Accessory Junkies Unite!

Options
Does anyone else here have an addiction to workout clothing/accessories?

Replies

• dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My morning routine consists of checking the WMTM section of Lululemon online. So yes.
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    Over the last few months I have been incorporating exercise into my day to day life, and at the beginning I found it very difficult because of wardrobe troubles (Troubles being clothing not staying put while I do an exercise, thin leggings ripping at the inseam, non-supportive tops, and so on). So I did some research, and bought myself some basics. Leggings, capri pants, and 3 tops. I used these for a few weeks and decided that I want to buy more. It's always nice to have options, right?

So that's what I've been doing. I've now got a few more pair of leggings, a few tanks tops, 2 long sleeve shirts for chilly outdoor walks, and I just purchased a thin hoodie yesterday, to layer as the weather gets chillier. So I definitely have enough clothing to last me a long while, but I still want to build the collection so that I have more variety of pant styles, tops, colors, and so on. I also want to try out some of the pricier brands, to see what the hype is, and I would like to gather more sweat wiking clothing.

When I say any of this to my friends they will scoff at me and tell me that I'm being frivolous for wanting to build a collection of clothing that I will use and then be done with. They think having 1 pair of leggings and 1 top is all that I need and anything beyond that is overkill. (This is also coming from people who do not exercise or workout at all.)

But I don't see it as frivolous for a few reasons.
    1. I hope to continue exercising for as long as I am physically able. This is not a temporary change. It's something that I want to become a part of my every day life, for myself and for my health. Therefore, this clothing will last a long while. As I lose weight, I can sell any garments that are still in great condition, or give them away to a friend or relative.
    2. Any money I spend on workout clothing is money I did have to spend. So it has not taken away from bills or necessary financial obligations.
    3. I wear the clothing when I am not working out as well. I've found that the comfortable sweat wicking clothing is awesome for doing house work, or just lounging around, haha.
    4. It's nice to have variety, and every girl likes to feel comfortable, or even cute in her workout clothes. Obviously it doesn't matter what I look like when I workout, but if I think the clothing is cute or flattering, then I feel like I look good, and that gives me confidence to be able to workout and not care what other people think. (If that makes sense, haha)

So all in all, I have the basics, and I have what I need, but I still want more when i have the spare funds and find something I really like. Is anyone else in the same boat?
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    I don't yet fit into Lululemon (At least I don't think I do), but I've fallen in love with the Canadian version, Kyodan. I now have 5 pair of their leggings, and 3 tank tops with built in shelf bras.

There are a few Lululemon items on my "weight loss wishlist" though! As well as Athleta pants.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I confess to an addiction to workout clothes. My greatest weakness is tennis attire, because it is all so damn cute. I do most of my shopping at discounters like Marshalls and TJMaxx, as I find it hard to justify paying Lululemon prices. But when things go on sale at Athleta, i love their stuff. Honestly, i think having cute things to wear motivates me to workout more.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't yet fit into Lululemon (At least I don't think I do), but I've fallen in love with the Canadian version, Kyodan. I now have 5 pair of their leggings, and 3 tank tops with built in shelf bras.

There are a few Lululemon items on my "weight loss wishlist" though! As well as Athleta pants.

Canadian version? Lululemon is a Canadian born company. Kyodan is not affiliated with lulu.
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options

Canadian version? Lululemon is a Canadian born company. Kyodan is not affiliated with lulu.

I did not know they were Canadian, so thank you for letting me know! When I tried researching Kyodan after discovering I owned a top by them from a thrift shop, I found many articles about how they were very similar to Lululemon and made in the same factory, so I was under the impression that they were affiliated. Thank you for correcting me! Even if they aren't, I love both brands. =]
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time keeping myself from running over to TJMaxx when I get paid.

They have great pants- I have a fabulous selection of pants. it's ridiculous.
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    I confess to an addiction to workout clothes. My greatest weakness is tennis attire, because it is all so damn cute. I do most of my shopping at discounters like Marshalls and TJMaxx, as I find it hard to justify paying Lululemon prices. But when things go on sale at Athleta, i love their stuff. Honestly, i think having cute things to wear motivates me to workout more.

I definitely shop at TJ Maxx (I have yet to go to Marshalls though!) and stalk clearance sections. Retailmenot.com is also awesome for coupons. =]
  • lhkim85
    lhkim85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just started getting into workout clothes! I have a few outfits so far but with the school year coming up I think it would be easier for me to just wear them to class and go to the gym right after so I might be justified in buying a few more...

Lululemon does have some really cute stuff but I can't justify the price yet when I'm planning on losing out of them soon. ;) Old Navy actually has some cute stuff for very reasonable prices and I also just discovered Fabletics! It's a subscription service but you can opt out. I really love the outfits I've gotten so far and I can't compare to LLL but the quality seems good. Don't want to seem like a spammer but if you'd care to use my referral code, message me! The only thing I'd watch out for are the bras. I have the Vaasa and it's super cute but lends no support at all!
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    I know what you mean about the price. That's why I'm sticking with the clearance rack at TJ Maxx for now. Haha. Lately I've been looking into various women's athletic/yoga/exercise clothing brands though, just for fun and general research purposes. I can't actually afford any of it, but "window" shopping is fun anyhow, and it's fun to think about maybe one day getting to a steady weight and saving up for some of it, haha. But for now, all of the pinterest boards!

I also made one for general Fitness Fashion. I like to dress up and have fun with my outfits no matter the situation, so I figure it can serve as inspiration to help me plan cute workout outfits. Once I actually have more than a few gray basics that is! I have a few bright coloured tank tops but they are currently too small. xD

I'm also thinking that I can familiarize myself with some of the better quality brands so that I I have a better idea of what to look for when I'm at shops like TJ Maxx, or local "thrift" shops (Playtos Closet type shops).

I've heard of fabletics but had not heard of anyone trying it, so I never really checked it out. What have you ordered from there? Pictures are welcome! Looking at the site now (I love the 'log in with facebook' buttons!), they seem to have lots of cute pants. I have a few pair of leggings, but they are all too long and need to be hemmed, and I also can't wear them when I walk outside or if I go to the gym (I'm hoping to sign up for one with a friend, in a few weeks!!) because I have to wear a knee brace at the moment and they are all made from that smooth slippery material that makes my brace slide down. So I am actually in seriously need of pants. xD

If I ever end up placing an order, I will definitely let you know so that I can use your referral code! You technically are the first person to give me actual information and refer me to the site, so it's not spam at all! =]

Tonight I actually sat down and decided I was going to try to find pictures of the general clothing styles I've been hunting for, and I ended up discovering sites/brands such as Lucy, Sweaty Betty, Zobha, NUX, and Prana. All way out of my price range, but fabulous. xD

So I'm going to pin some of the items I love from their sites, and try to find pieces that look similar but cost less.

JoRocka: I have yet to have the time to be able to stay and try on pants (normally when I go, I just grab any Kyodan size larges and buy those because I know for a face that they will fit me) but I am really looking forward to it because I've seen so many incredible deals and amazing patterns! I need to stock up on pants. xD

(Also, sorry I type a novel with every response. xD)
  • lhkim85
    Options
    I think a lot of the leggings are slippery but there are some that come in a more cotton-y fabric as well. I'll try to come back with pics and a more comprehensive review tomorrow.

Oh, I'm also sad that Gilly Hicks seems to be discontinuing their Sport line. They had some really cute stuff that was very reasonably priced on sale and the quality wasn't bad (I like Fabletics more, though).
  • suzydezeeuw
    suzydezeeuw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with footwear :ohwell:
  • lhkim85
    Options
    Here's the Seychelles outfit (Cayman top + Rocha legging) http://www.fabletics.com/index.cfm?action=shop.viewproduct&master_product_id=1503760
    IMG_3103-001.JPG
    IMG_3104-001.JPG
    You can read all the details in the links but I love the zippered pocket in the top and the mesh back of the leggings. The only things I'd watch out for are that the mesh back of the top can show back fat and that though the 28" inseam for the leggings is accurate, they will fit a bit longer because of the stretch (they are scrunched at my ankles, my inseam is around 30" for reference).

Here's the Border outfit (Switch Back tee, Salar capri, Vaasa bra), which I believe is no longer available but this one is similar: http://www.fabletics.com/index.cfm?action=shop.viewproduct&master_product_id=932416
    IMG_3105-001.JPG
    IMG_3106-001.JPG
    The back of the bra is super cute but it provides very little support. Might be acceptable for something like yoga but not much else. I like it to wear with backless tops but I wouldn't consider it very practical otherwise. The capris are in the Pink Lava print, which I *adore*, partly because it matches my pink running shoes and purple water bottle, haha. The tee I actually wasn't that excited about when I placed my order but I ended up loving it--really comfortable and cute as a coverup and definitely could be dressed up as well.
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    Cute!!! I seriously love the backless top and both leggings. I like the sheer bits in the first pair and the second pair are just fun. Are they high rise at all? I defintily need to check out the site more!!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have a serious fitness clothing addiction! In fact, the running joke between my husband and son has become that I can't go into any store without bringing some sort of exercise clothes home. I have gotten it under control lately, and have managed to not buy anything for a while.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

I change into my workout clothes when I get home and wear them until I go to bed.

My boyfriend is so used to it his jaw drops when he sees me don my normal business attire.

But yes, once it's on, there's no excuse at all to not work out.

And once I've worked out (unless I shower at the gym) there is no sense in changing to something less comfy until I shower and put on jammies!

So yes!

I got new sports bras from Wal-mart that plunge in the front and have lace, and I love TJ's!

I just got a $45 gift card shipped to me from TJ's and might pick up some new things when I go in there!

Armband, ear plugs, fancy water bottle, phone, sneakers, sporty socks, sporty bra, racer back tank, athletic shorts!

It's all in a day's workout!

:flowerforyou:
  • ilikethisname
    Options

4. It's nice to have variety, and every girl likes to feel comfortable, or even cute in her workout clothes. Obviously it doesn't matter what I look like when I workout, but if I think the clothing is cute or flattering, then I feel like I look good, and that gives me confidence to be able to workout and not care what other people think. (If that makes sense, haha)

So all in all, I have the basics, and I have what I need, but I still want more when i have the spare funds and find something I really like. Is anyone else in the same boat?
    Yes this makes perfect sense. In fact maybe I should go buy something nicer to work out in....
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I love workout clothes! They make me feel cute and badass when I'm exercising. I love them even more when they're on sale :wink:
  • lhkim85
    Options
    Cute!!! I seriously love the backless top and both leggings. I like the sheer bits in the first pair and the second pair are just fun. Are they high rise at all? I defintily need to check out the site more!!
    The mesh-back ones come to just about my waist and the print capris come to just below my belly button. I think the first outfit is 50% off if you join buuuuut if you wait 2 or 3 days after you sign up they give you $10 credit in addition to the 50% off. ;)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I like to camp out in the running section of Academy Sports. I even have some Nike Tempo shorts that I wear around as "fashion" as opposed to merely running shorts. And I'm always scoping out the deals on running shoes even after I just buy some new ones.