Lost My Motivation

Options
Hi!

I have been on and off the fitness pal wagon for a few years. I'm 20 years old and I have always been on the chunkier side. For the first time ever I got majorly fed up over the holidays being the heaviest I have ever been. I was 213 lbs. I got myself down to 180 lbs and I was feeling great. Over the summer I moved and gained a lot back. I am currently 198 lbs. I completely lost my motivation. I never post on these types of sites but I am sick of being "chunky". I always start the day off well with my eating habits but as soon as my blood sugar drops ( I am a type 1 diabetic) all of the motivation stops. I just wanted to see if any one else has the same problem. I need my motivation back. I was finally feeling confident and I completely lost it.

Thank you!

Replies

• sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So instead of waiting for motivation, why not make it a habit? Log your food every day no matter what. Don't wait for grand sweeping expectations. I've got an mfp streak because I make myself log every day. Paying attention to it while logging has lead to weight loss, but I didn't pay attention the first week or two, once I got serious.

And get a referral to a registered dietician and have them help you build a meal plan that you can safely do, once you start logging. Maybe you're not planning around the right macros.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor and a nutritionist. I have a friend who has a 9 year old son with type 1, and I understand how closely that needs to be monitored or his mood will swing quickly. I've watched it happen. For you controlling your disease is going to be the very first step in a healthier life.