Afraid of fast and/or fried foods

dujennifer
dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
I used to be a fried food junkie and would stop for fast food at least once a week if not more for the convenience. After my healthy style life style I started about a month and half ago, I am afraid to eat it because of what it would do to my digestive system. This is a huge feat for me since it used to be such a regular routine. Yay me!

Replies

• dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    I used to be a fried food junkie and would stop for fast food at least once a week if not more for the convenience. After my healthy style life style I started about a month and half ago, I am afraid to eat it because of what it would do to my digestive system. This is a huge feat for me since it used to be such a regular routine. Yay me!
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106

Yes, Fear can be a good thing sometimes! There are so many other foods out there besides fried or fast. If we go to a fast-food place, I usually just have a side salad. Now they are worrying about the chemicals/radiation in lettuce! Who knows what we are digesting from those places!!! :sick:

Just do what you think is best for your body, and you'll do fine. :flowerforyou:

Marti in Kentucky
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Yay you!
    I can totally relate, I used to eat fast food daily (many years ago) and now if I eat it I get an upset stomach. What a change!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Fast food is poison! Good for you eliminating it from your diet! :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    YAY! I am still working on developing that fear... :laugh:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    YAY! I am still working on developing that fear... :laugh:

lol - bunny!! I hear ya!

Yay you!! I'm not afraid of it - wish I was!! But I certainly eat considerably less than I used to and "healthier" choices - such as smaller burgers, side salad instead of fries, etc. Was a time is was literally addicted to Mickey D's. So glad I'm past that phase!! Good for you!! :drinker:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member

I think your fear is real. The nice thing is that you're probably losing your taste for it anyway. It really is disgusting. Fresh food tastes much better.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    I used to eat out or want to eat out a lot and it drove my hubby nuts! He now eats out more than I do but not by choice. It just happens with his job. We don't eat out much now and when we do it's at a sit down restaurant. And that is because of my son too since he can't have wheat or dairy it makes it hard to eat at fast food places. I do miss it and crave it a lot, but I don't get it often. It does upset my tummy too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!