100 Push Up Challenge Week 6

Options
Are you guys on week 6 or almost there? I have decided to do week 3 again. I am sure I could do week 4 but I really don't think I am getting down as far as I should. So I am doing week 3 day one again today and I am going to push myself to get down further. It will take me at least 9 weeks to accomplish the hundred, but that's okay. We'll stick together right?
Keep it up people!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Are you guys on week 6 or almost there? I have decided to do week 3 again. I am sure I could do week 4 but I really don't think I am getting down as far as I should. So I am doing week 3 day one again today and I am going to push myself to get down further. It will take me at least 9 weeks to accomplish the hundred, but that's okay. We'll stick together right?
    Keep it up people!
    Melissa
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yep...week 6! I forgot to check in this weekend but I will start Day 1 Week 6 tomorrow evening! I can't believe we're on the last week! I am doing modified pushups...I tried to start doing real pushups but it hurts my back. I think I may work on building core muscles and try to do real pushups at a later time. But I am happy with the increase in modified pushups that I have accomplished. So...I'll check back tomorrow!!!

Good luck!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay, I hate to do this but I'm going to change my plans. At the very least for this week. I've tried doing level one plank style and going down deeper, but it's causing pain in my lower abs (I had a c-section 2 years ago and I still get pain from it from time to time). So I think I am going to try level 2 or 3 doing modified push ups until I have stronger abs. I could continue doing full push ups but I won't be able to get down as far as I need to. Today I did the first two sets on level one plank style. I am going to move to level 3 modified on knees for the last three and see if that helps. Maybe next week I can get up to plank level one again. A little disappointed in myself.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hey PUPs What's Up?

YES>>>It is WEEK 6 of the 100 Push Up Challenge and I have been working since last Monday on

Week 5 - Day 1 'cause I needed to get stronger sooooooooooooo TODAY
    I did

Yea! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: 126 PUSHUPS :happy: :happy: :happy:

Granted they are done modified on my knees and they were done in 5 sets NOT CONSECUTIVE:

Set 1 : 30
    2: 24
    3: 22
    4: 20
    5: 30

Now I can continue with the rest of Week 5. Then, in week 6, there are 9 levels...not just 5 anymore.

I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. :tongue:

Reflection: I wasn't happy about having to go back to week 5 and repeat it...but it worked and now I can move forward. Note to self :huh: ...don't give up...I WILL eventually do 100 consecutive pushups!

To my fellow PUPs...isn't it interesting how we are all at different levels having to adjust our workout to ourselves. Ultimately though, we will all arrive at the same destination...IF WE DON'T GIVE UP!!

Come on now PUPs....think of how GREAT you are gonna look in your 100 Pushup T-Shirt :laugh:

HANG IN THERE EVERYBODY!! Power to the PUPs!! :heart:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Way to go Lavender! That's awesome! I'm glad you are sticking with it. You will get your t-shirt! It is interesting to see how people are on different levels, and that's good. Some are ahead and need encouragement from others.
    My abs were feeling better today so I did week 3 day 2 level one FULL push ups! I was glad to be able to get back to that. It was not easy though!
    1:16
    2:14
    3:14
    4:12
    5:15
    That's 71 full push ups! Who'd a thunk it? Me? My two year old does them with me and I have to try not to laugh. He grunts like I do and everything. :laugh:
    Ya'll are doing great! Keep it up! We will all get there if we keep at it!
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Mechanicmom you rock!!!!!!!!!! Accomplishing 71 PLANK style full pushups is AMAZING to me.

GREAT WORK! :wink: I am soooo proud of you for following through to your goal. :drinker:

I REFUSE to give up the quest for strength and reach my goal of 100 consecutive (no rest) pushups.

Today I did day 2 of Week 5: A total of 81 Pushups Modified on knees

Set 1: 15
    2: 14
    3: 12
    3: 10
    5: 30

Kristen said she would post later...but where are all of the other PUPs?

Soooo being this is officially WEEK 6 - Are we starting a new challenge and thread next week?

Watcha thinkin Pups? :huh:

Power to the Pups!! :heart:

~Mi
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Good Lord Pups! Everyone is making such fabulous progress!

Yesterday, I did Week 1 - Day 1 again, plank style...am feeling stronger and my arms are starting to show, even though I am at a very low level...I kind of hold myself in a yoga plank position to make sure all is aligned well and that my abs are held tight and supporting my spine, then drop down to push up plank...then perform very rigid form, 2 to 5 pushups.

I'm going to catch up with my routines today and shouldn't have any futher breaks in the action...Daughter-in-law and Granddaughter returned to England...we had a wonderful time playing at the beach, etc.

And, Yes! I do want to continue this challenge...after the stronger folks reach 100, we could just start calling this post, "100 Push-ups" or something.

Will report back soon!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    We could post as 100 pushups and the date of that Monday? Like Next week will be: 100 Pushups September 1st. That way we can start a new post every week since these tend to get pretty long. What do ya'll think?
  • FatDancer
    Options
    That's good with me...anyway you Pups want to work it is fine by me!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Did Week 1 Day 2 from plank...now can do a maximum of 4 pushups from plank...tomorrow is a rest day, dance class in the evening, followed by my Instructor's Birthday Party.

See you Friday!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi PUPs! I guess I forgot to post on Monday. Sorry about that!! :embarassed: So here's what I did Monday:

Week 2-Day 1-middle column (plank style)
    8 (min was 7)

So I was happy about getting through Monday because I had struggled on Week 1- Day 3.

And then TODAY.......... I rocked the house! :glasses: :bigsmile: :happy: :glasses: :bigsmile: :happy:

Week 2-Day 2-middle column (plank style)
    11 (!!!)
    13 (!!!!!) (min was 10)

I had been worried about today because I didn't think I could do 11. But check me and my bad self! :laugh:

You guys (MM, FatDancer, Kristin, anybody I missed) are all doing great! I agree we should keep this going as long as people are still working on the challenge.

Sorry guys, I am just so pumped right now. I just did 47 plank-style pushups! :drinker:
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Bravo cp005e!

I'm happy for you too...and excited about all of our progress...

How are everyone's arms shaping up?
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Bravo cp005e!

Well, my hubby is calling me a show off! :laugh:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Bravo cp005e!

Well, my hubby is calling me a show off! :laugh:

My hubby thinks it's hot that I am getting stronger... :blushing: I still have a bit too much fat to really detect my triceps, but I can feel them under there! And the biceps are looking good. :laugh:
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Hi PUPs! I guess I forgot to post on Monday. Sorry about that!! :embarassed: So here's what I did Monday:

Week 2-Day 1-middle column (plank style)
    8 (min was 7)

So I was happy about getting through Monday because I had struggled on Week 1- Day 3.

And then TODAY.......... I rocked the house! :glasses: :bigsmile: :happy: :glasses: :bigsmile: :happy:

Week 2-Day 2-middle column (plank style)
    11 (!!!)
    13 (!!!!!) (min was 10)

I had been worried about today because I didn't think I could do 11. But check me and my bad self! :laugh:

You guys (MM, FatDancer, Kristin, anybody I missed) are all doing great! I agree we should keep this going as long as people are still working on the challenge.

Sorry guys, I am just so pumped right now. I just did 47 plank-style pushups! :drinker:

Cp you should be so proud of yourself!!! :wink: I wanna do plank and be like you and your bad self!

This is an amazing feat my friend...I hope you hang in there til 100 so I can throw you a party :drinker:

Wishing you all good things.

~Mi
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yesterday I was already thinking about how I didn't want to do push ups today. :laugh: But I did it anyway. I did week 3 level 1 day 3.
    1:20
    2:15
    3:15
    4:12
    5:18
    That's 80 pushups! Plank! I barely made it too! Next week looks to be pretty similar. It's week 5 that intimidates me!
    We can do it people! Everyone is doing great!
  • cp005e
    Options
    That is so awesome, MM! 80 is fantastic! I almost waited until tomorrow to do mine, but you inspired me to get down and do them! Week 2-Day 3-middle column (plank):
    12 (min 10)

Definitely feeling it in my abs today. I guess I should look at it as a bonus workout for my core. :tongue:
    Now I'm going to take a day off, and then do the week 2 test. Whee!
    This is an amazing feat my friend...I hope you hang in there til 100 so I can throw you a party :drinker:

Aww, thanks! We can party together! :drinker: I bet you can do some plank-style now - you would probably be surprised at yourself. Keep it up, all! :flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    This challenge seem like fun. What is it about? Can I join? Can someone explain?
  • Lavendersunday
    Options
    Hello Lady Hawk,

This is the end of the initial 6 week challenge to build up to doing 100 Pushups.

You can see the site we used as a resource at www.hundredpushups.com

Starting on Monday the challenge will either continue or begin again for ANYONE who wants to do it.

Go to the website...read and take the test...if ya like what ya see...look on Monday for a thread that says something like 100 Pushup challenge.

I started by doing just a few...now I am in the 90''s doing modified on my knees.

My next challenge will be to begin again doing plank style FULL pushups like some other are doing now!

If ya have any questions...give us a yell....and someone will answer.

~Mi
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks. I visited the site and will watch for the start up Monday