One day a week

Options
Do people have a cheat meal on day a week?

Replies

• suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do. I take one day where I don't beat my self up and have what I want within reason. Usually it's a few glasses of wine! :)

As long as you are moving more than you did and watching what you eat on the other days, I don't see anything wrong with it. I've lost 14 lbs in 7 weeks and am happy with the progress.

Good Luck!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've never felt the need for it. If I want something, I make it fit into my day.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No there's no need to. I eat what I want as long as it fits within my goal.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    not really...because I consider a "cheat meal" or "cheat day" to be a TOTAL disregard for one's calorie goal. Like, throwing all caution to the wind and just eating massive amounts of food, drinking alcohol, etc.

I do enjoy pretty much whatever I want foodwise on most Saturdays. But I still log everything and track my calories. I usually stay within my allotted calories for the day due to getting a ton of exercise & activity on Saturdays...but if I occasionally go over by a couple hundred, I don't consider that a big deal like I would Sunday through Friday.
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I try not to but every weekend is a major family event. It's tough not to give myself that one meal.
    I'm trying to stop. Any ideas?
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Make it fit. Eat a little less throughout the week..
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I don't. I fit everything in to my macros. The word "cheating" implies I'm doing something wrong, when indulging isn't wrong. If I can fit it in to my macros, why not enjoy it every day? :)
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Usually I do.
    I'll eat between 900-1050 call with 5 - days of vigorous cardio and some strength training. A cheat meal will bring me up to 1500-1700 call for the day. The next day throughout the week it's low call and exercise.
    Thinking I should stop it altogether. It's tough when it's a wedding or hubby and I are out to dinner and I can't enjoy myself. It also attracts a lot of attention with people saying ,"oh you can eat and enjoy yourself for one night".
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Nope, eat whatever I want everyday, just make it fit into my caloric allowance.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    It is ok to do this just don't over do it on that meal. I eat what I want every day just watch the quantity. Good Luck

29509743.png
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I've never done cheat days, if I want something I make it fit in or go and walk a bit more, I've made a lifestyle change and by having a cheat meal/day I'm just cheating myself.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cheat meal a week but try not to go crazy... like I'll have 3 slices of thin-crust pizza (still cheating) instead of 4 slices of regular crust pizza (REALLY cheating), ya know? I also try to time it with doing a long run or bike ride on the same day so I have a lot more room in my calorie budget, but I don't beat myself up if I do go over my calorie limit by some amount. If I do go over, I'll sometimes try to eat below my calorie for a few days to make up for it.