Hello everyone

Options
Hi guys my name is Chad. I used to be an avid athlete but life got in the way for a few years. I want to get into shape again to keep up with my 3 year old daughter...as well as my wife :wink: I have been focusing on the psychological side of weight loss to get me back to the physical. Oh and my picture is from a few years ago when I was in shape. I used a picture of the image that I want to be again, so I don't keep attracting the body that I currently have. Thank you everyone for any advice in advance.

Replies

• LVLFgirl13
    LVLFgirl13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chad! Feel free to add me! You can do it!! We are all in this together! :smile:
  • rft183
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend as well.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chad!
  • healthytipsforu
    healthytipsforu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Chad and welcome to my fitness pal!

Keep a photo diary, I asked my boyfriend to take photographs of me in my underwear and kept a photo diary. It meant I could see what I really looked like underneath my clothes. I also recorded my measurements, targets and feelings. It was a great way to keep motivated as I saw the pounds and inches disappearing.
    One thing I was told stuck in my mind: it's a good idea to consider your weight loss over a month rather than getting disheartened after a disappointing week.
    I used to hate the fact that I seemed to be constantly going up and down the stairs. Now I see it as a leg-toning exercise. I also walk a couple of miles a day with the children instead of always using the car. It's good for me, them and the environment
    "I used to meditate and visualise the new, slimmer me. I would imagine myself wearing a brand new dress or a tight pair of jeans and feeling great. Not only did it relax me, but it really helped me stay focused
    I know how soul-destroying it can be to think how far you've got to go, so my advice is to set little targets along the way, such as the next half-stone or dress size. That's what worked for me.
    I signed up to run a 5km race. I got loads of people to sponsor me and it was for a charity that meant a lot to me. I knew I had to get fit to run the race and I couldn't let everyone down, so I had the perfect reason to stay motivated

http://healthytipsforu.ifoxsolutions.com
  • jimmye_25
    jimmye_25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey Chad!!! We're all in the same struggle my friend, we'll get thru this!!! You got it bro!! Help keep me focused, i'll help keep you focused. Kool?