Looking for friends to help stay accountable

Options
Hi! I've recently (about 4 days ago) decided I need to get back on this weight loss kick. Last year I lost 36 pounds and then I gained it all back plus some. I have a long way to go before I'm at my ideal weight and I'm looking for some friends to help inspire/support me and for me to inspire/support. I have my mom and husband doing it with me but I'm not sure how long they will stick with it.

My husband and I have been talking about starting to expand our family, but I know it would be better for any future babies if I was healthier.

Thanks for any support and I look forward to sharing this journey with anyone who wants to.

Replies

• alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Allison and I need some support buddies too! My boyfriend is helping me out, (but you know how boys are they lose it after pooping once) I'm just starting again too, I'm a constant yo-yoer. Last year I lost about 20 and gained 40 back (yay me!) I'm breaking mine down into 2 parts. it's 16 weeks until the end of the year, so I am trying to lose the first 40 by then, and then hopefully the next 35-45 next year.
  • KeeRae1989
    KeeRae1989 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome back. I hope we can help each other out! :)
  • ricksn1fan
    ricksn1fan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi...I would love to join and support each other. I'm in my mid 40's with 2 kids and my metabolism is just not the same as it was in my younger days. At work I now sit in front of a computer most of the day so I've gain weight. I just want to lose what I've gained over the past few years.
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi...I would love to join and support each other. I'm in my mid 40's with 2 kids and my metabolism is just not the same as it was in my younger days. At work I now sit in front of a computer most of the day so I've gain weight. I just want to lose what I've gained over the past few years.

I had a friend who worked in an office, he put a balance ball in replacement of his chair (at first it's kind of hard, but before you know it you do it without realizing it, and it helps you tighten your legs and core without even trying!) maybe you could try it? even if it's only for a small part of the day!
  • mizzbugsy
    mizzbugsy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would like some friends to stay accountable to also. I started in July, stopped caring in August and started again on September 1st. Can we all be friends?!? I'm 34, I have 4 kids. This should come easily! I am trying! Hope to hear from y'all!
  • sassy1792
    Options
    Hey my name is Maria and im looking for suport to i have been wanted to lose waight for along time.And hoping this site will help.
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lisa I'm 43 trying to lose my last 27 pounds . Feel free to add to add me.
  • platinumbabe65
    Options
    Hi All , I've kick started myself again this week to finally lose the weight . Lost 4 stone 4 years ago and gradually it has crept back on again . I'm married with 4 grown up Children , youngest is 18 in December and Eldest is 30 . Have 6 Grandchildren - so don't want to be a fat Nanny and Im 50 October 2015 , so want to look good

I've lost 8lbs over the last 10 days and been doing lower half exercises as thats where I carry most of my weight and it also needs toning up . Im a size 14-16 on the top half and a size 16-18 on the bottom half .

Would be happy if I lost 2 stone before Christmas , have a holiday in 3 weeks , so trying to be good till then.

I need support otherwise I just give up , my problem is a good 90% of my friends are a size 20+ and they encourage me to stay the weight I am .

So hoping in the next 3 weeks I can lose another 7lbs , just so I can look better in my holiday clothes
  • prncssjnn
    prncssjnn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I log in everyday and have been going strong for 12 weeks, just need more support!
  • platinumbabe65
    Options
    I'm from Devon , England where is everyone else from
    :smile: :smile:
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi, new here as well. Are you guys happy with a male friend as I need all the support I can get :-)
  • loves86
    loves86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Anyone that needs some support feel free to add me, we have all been there at some point in time! I try to log in almost everyday and see what everyone is doing!
  • alijoanxo
    alijoanxo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm Ali. I'm always looking for friends to provide mutual motivation and encouragement. I've lost 65 pounds so far and looking to lose 15-20 more. I can use all the advice and support I can get. Feel free to add me! (:
  • mizzbugsy
    mizzbugsy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm from California, near Yosemite...:)
  • kleigh9
    Options
    Hey everyone :) I'm looking for some more friends and encouragement on here! I took a week traveling, and I already got so used to not logging onto here. I'm 23 and am looking to lose 20-30 pounds. I'm currently doing the c25k program. Please add me if you'd like!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I log in everyday
  • hansel2001
    hansel2001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kathy and I need a lot of support. I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week most of the people I hang with talk about losing the weight but give up. It is hard to stay on track when every body is eating junk around you. So every body please feel free to add me i think that I can do this if a I a better support
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Can I get in on this nice cozy group? I'm 30 and kind of in the same boat as OP - ready to do this before it's time to have babies!
  • GreenEyedVix
    GreenEyedVix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my late 20's and have a toddler. I also have a large hand in raising my step daughter with Autism as she lives with us. I've always been over weight but I've put on a lot more over the last year. Special needs parenting is stressful and I definitely became a stress eater.
  • MelanieEaton_
    MelanieEaton_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My name is Melanie! Feel free to add me, I am just starting out too :)