Postnatal group - January 2011

Options
Open to any ladies with babies who are working towards their goals - whether is weight loss goals, workout goals, eating goals, etc. This is a group to ask questions, get support, and keep each other accountable! Let the journey begin!

Previous posts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/138979-postnatal-group-december-2010

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Ok seriously people! I have got to continue this. My stress level has been too high with all the craziness going on so I haven't been exercising or worrying about what I'm feeding myself. I've lost 46lbs so far since giving birth and know that I can be disciplined enough to keep going! Exercise is a great stress reliever for me and I always feel better when I work out so ... I just need to do it!

"Lose weight" seems like such a stereotypical new years resolution so I need to come up with a goal that is totally doable. :-) What is everyone New Years resolutions?
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    First day at the gym since having my baby 2.5 weeks ago. 401 calories!! (20 mins treadmill, 15 mins stairs, 10 mins bike)
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bug will be 10 mths on the 9th of this month and I have lost ALL the baby weight 52lbs :)...that being said I still have 30 pre-pregnancy lbs to lose:(. Plus I am trying to get in the best shape of my life by running multiple miles at a time as of right now I can run 4 miles without stopping. The hope is that I will be able to run a big 10k 6.2 miles in my area in May!!!!
  • slrippe
    Options
    Hello ladies! I made my baby November 8th 2010 and just started with myfitness pal! Question - How do I include in the settings for my goals that I am nursing--as far as calorie output? I've read we burn around 300 a day, but also read that 120 calories per 6 oz??? Did you just put this is "excerise" or what??? Thanks!
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'd like to join this group, if I may?
    I used MFP two years ago to tone up for my wedding with fantastic results!
    Now I am stuggling to maintain healthy eating habits and regular exercise after giving birth to a beautiful baby boy in September...
    Today was a good day - under my calorie goals and no sugary snacks!
    Didn't get a chance to get outside for a walk because of cold, drizzly weather, but have made it a goal to do belly time WITH my baby every day: When he is on his belly strenthening his neck muscles, I will be on my back, strengthening my belly muscles!
    Hope to continue to check in and stay focussed while juggling new routines!
    :flowerforyou:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am in! I just had a beautiful baby boy in September and am now a stay at home mom. I have managed to get most of the pregnancy weight off but I was 25 lbs overweight before I got pregnant. So far I have been able to start modifying my eating a bit to a healthier, well balanced diet although today is the first day I have tracked calories. It is hard to find time to work out during the day with a 3 month old. I did manage to do a Wii fit advanced step work out today which my little guy thought was funny. I think he liked the music and noises that the system makes when you take a step.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

My 14 month old had a sleep deprived EEG this morning so neither of us could sleep. So when I got home I napped as long as my newborn and 2 year old would let me (3 hours) but I napped through my usual work out time.
    I'm out of calories so I'm going to have to make some energy for the gym. Not sure where it's going to come from lol.
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    had belly time with baby this morning!
    am about to have a healthy snack and then head outside for a quick walk while it's not raining.
    neither of us got that much sleep last night so i am hoping that this will cheer us up and wear us out for a nice, long afternoon nap!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

I've been staying on track but the weight loss has slowed (if only 35lbs in 3.5 weeks was maintainable lol). I'm 4 weeks postpartum today. I've lost all the baby weight from this one, 22lbs from my 2nd pregnancy and 18lbs for good measure after that.

I'm not weighing in until Friday now. I'm sick of seeing 2/10 pound gain and being sad lol, so waiting a week so I know there should be a loss.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I couldn't do it, I gave in and weighed in this morning (I did make it 48 hours lol). 191.0lbs!!!!

36.6lbs gone and now officially onto losing baby weight from my first son (all 35lbs from my son born 4 weeks ago-GONE!).

Anyways, I'm thrilled!! I still have 41lbs to go, about 22lbs from my first son, to get my my normal, healthy weight (168lbs at 5'10") before my first son and 18lbs more to get my goal weight (150lbs at 5'10").
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Baby Isabella is only 16 days old but I am hoping by the 4th week mark my OB will lift my exercise ban. We have gone out for small walks to get some needed sunshine but that is it. Any one use a belly band after birth if so which one and did it work?
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join this group! I am a stay at home mom to my baby boy born on November 21 and just started getting serious about weight loss (again!) last week. I've been doing pretty well staying within my calories, but not so well with workouts. My goal is to get in a minimum of five 30 minute workouts/week.

Do you guys have an 'official' weigh in day or do challenges or anything like that?

Glad I found you ladies!
  • moriah87
    Options
    i want to join too!! i have a boy born on 08/21/10 and am trying to lose the last 5 pounds. i gained 48 when pregnant and have lost all but five. and am still breastfeeding. i want to lose 10 pounds to get to the point where i was most comfortable with my body. 112. i know that's small... but i'm small. lol. 4 feet 11 inches. :) i'm hoping this group will keep me motivated!
  • Shnooks79
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'd like to tag along for the ride too if I may!

My wee angel is 10 days old today and I am really looking forward to dropping the weight gained during pregnancy. As at today I am hoping to lose approx 10kgs (22lbs) and get back to a reasonable level of fitness asap.

There is a 10km run I would love to do in a decent time at the end of August but before I can start even thinking about that I have to just let my body recover (2nd degree tearing so no serious activity for a wee while yet) and start eating as healthy as possible. And of course enjoy my precious wee bundle!!

I am also nursing so would be keen if anyone knew the answer to the earlier poster if this could be incorporated in the "Excercises" section or not? Also whether it can be taken into consideration in the required daily calories input? Might email the

Caliwaters25 - I have been using a belly band on & off and I find them pretty good, I've been using two, the "Bodybelt" is fantastic at shaping and is more slimline but I find it slightly less comfortable then the "Jobri - Universal Abdominal Binder" which is a little bulkier and less flattering but like I said, that little bit comfier too. HTH

Nice to meet all of you, hope all you goals are coming along!
  • asm12707
    Options
    i would like to join. I had my baby girl on 11/2/10 by c-section. ive been working out for about a month but not too intense because my incision is still tender. I hope to loose 34 more pounds.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    43lbs down!!!!!!!!!!
    My son is 8 weeks tomorrow.
    I gained 35lbs with him so I'm super excited about this loss.

I still have 17lbs left from my first son (who just turned 15 months yesterday).
    Then I'd like to lose another 20lbs or so after that.
  • Elijah0630
    Options
    I'm in!!!! my son was born June 2010 at a whopping 10lbs 6oz!!!!! and 5 days ago i officially lost all 53 lbs of baby weight! still have 10 lbs to go until my goal weight of 115lbs.... Lets do this girls!!! We are STRONG and AWESOME WOMEN!!!!!!!!! GOOOO MOMMIES!!!! lol ok that was a bit much! :)
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options