Exercising Drunk?

Options

Replies

• Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    LOL thanks for your advice everyone-you guys are awesome! I sobered up a bit after midnight (I track 12-12) with some healthy muffins...I know, NOT the best outcome, but I still have around 1100 leftover for tomorrow and I plan to go work my *kitten* off at the gym. This was fun. :P
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i normally when out and drinking, wear sky scraper heels - im only 5ft 1 so usually its 6.5inch platformed heels for me, and i spend the night on the dance floor.... and i swear my booty and my legs burn the next day.

thou i dont know if you mean going for a run or something drunk... maybe wouldnt recomend that. lol xx
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Having done it before, it's not something I'd recommend.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Well I don't drink because it totally screws up my weightlifting. But when I was younger well drinking and playing football/basketball was kinda normal and it kinda felt good to sweat out that poison out (dont know if its medically accurate but its what i thought then).
  • ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know this is a old topic but......I tried exercising after a whole bottle of wine....( and this dosent put me on the floor ) and man....my warm up had me my mind telling me stop and this is not normally the case...I guess drunk dancing/partying is different than doing a 3 mile workout DVD because I was able to go all night in college
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha I am a workout fiend, and I do all my exercise at night.

I have found that if I have even one glass of wine in the evening, the workout is NOT happening.
  • lysolgirl
    lysolgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you have had one or two I am sure you will be fine but do it drunk and the judgement is gone...you might overdo it, pull something from crappy form, lifting too heavy, drop it on your foot, barf, **** yourself etc
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well that is what I call it when I go out to the bar and my fav song comes on (dancing) but I don't recommend you just go around getting drunk and trying to do something when you might fall or bump into stuff. exercise gives me energy. i think you are using that as an excuse to drink. if you want to have some drinks then do it, no excuses needed. :drinker:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Big deal. Mountain bikers do this all the time.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have walked on the treadmill loaded. Not one of my finer moments.
  • mychirona
    mychirona Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've done it, though I'd say it's much more challenging to exercise hungover. I always feel like I'm sweating every single molecule of ethanol forcefully through my pores. Ugh!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    drunk-girl-fail-gif-10.gif
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I have a girl friend that regularly goes home, has a glass of chardonnay or two and then runs on her treadmill after work.

It's nothing I would consider doing. But I rarely drink.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. It's called dancing. :)
  • tabicatinthehat
    Options
    drunk-girl-fail-gif-10.gif

Can't. Stop. Watching.
  • tabicatinthehat
    Options
    I dont know about exercising drunk, but I ran a 5k hungover a couple weeks ago.

Impressive. That sounds so awful, I wouldn't even attempt it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    I dont know about exercising drunk, but I ran a 5k hungover a couple weeks ago.

Impressive. That sounds so awful, I wouldn't even attempt it.

I ran 8 miles to my car hungover once. All of my rides were asleep and I really wanted Hardees
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. It's called dancing. :)

^^ although if drunk, it goes from dancing in my case to more like random wiggles
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I did a brewery run a couple weeks ago. We ran from one brewery to the next to the next, stopping for a beer at each. It was fun. The trick was to have enough beer in your belly that it stopped sloshing.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    I did a brewery run a couple weeks ago. We ran from one brewery to the next to the next, stopping for a beer at each. It was fun. The trick was to have enough beer in your belly that it stopped sloshing.

And enough after to sign up for a race without knowing it