Exercising Drunk?

Options
This is probably a dumb question, but I just had a semi-strong drink, a little tipsy, and I'm getting the "drunk munchies". I'm only going to allow this if I work out because I'm already over my limit by 48. Is it bad to exercise tipsy/drunk? I honestly get a bit more energy this way...

Replies

• MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know about exercising drunk. What are you planning to do? I would be worried you could hurt yourself being tipsy. Whatever you decide, please be careful.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would think you would be much more prone to injury so I would strongly advise against it.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    well.... it depends upon the type of exercising of course. overall, if i were you, i'd enjoy my buzz, track it while you still can (if you wish), and not worry about it any longer. this kind of thing is going to happen from time to time. best planning would be to try to get your workouts in earlier in the day! :flowerforyou:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Go for it. I've done it. I find that I have less stamina. But if you're up for it, go for it.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i drink wine and play just dance 3 together all the time
  • girlholiday
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's a good idea.

Alcohol can dehydrate you, and then exercising on top of that? Sounds like a bad idea.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I did Insanity after having a huge dinner with 2 glasses of wine (that's a lot for me) on my friends birthday and I actually think I did it better than I nrmally do! So I say as long as you don't feel like you are going to hurt yourself or fall over then go for it!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    This is probably a dumb question, but I just had a semi-strong drink, a little tipsy, and I'm getting the "drunk munchies". I'm only going to allow this if I work out because I'm already over my limit by 48. Is it bad to exercise tipsy/drunk? I honestly get a bit more energy this way...

48 over calorie limit or TDEE?
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike. It's hard to fall off :tongue:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Calorie limit...her diary is open. Clearly she could skip the exercise and eat and just call it a bust on today's deficit.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Ha!!!!! I just did wii zumba. And I'm drunker than s skunk.
  • eksims1
    eksims1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    While I don't think it would be bad for you, if you are getting on a machine it might be dangerous. Don't lift weights for sure! You might drop one or they could take you down with them!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If it's any consolation, I'm usually :smokin: baked :smokin: for my treadmill runs :drinker:
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    the thought alone makes me nauseous..
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend worked out hella hard when he was drinking with his friend. He threw up all over the place (ew) and he was incredibly sore the next morning.
  • AbbysMonkeyMama
    Options
    Use the motivation to do something with low-injury risk, like going for a walk or riding a stationary bike, and make sure to drink lots of water. The water will not only help fill your stomach and in about 20 minutes will help get rid of the "drinking munchies", but it will also help prevent any hangover symptoms you might have tomorrow.
  • bunsofsteele77
    Options
    Its definitely doable. Be careful and hold onto whatever equipment you use. Do not forget you're running on the treadmill and start to dance, you will fall off :) Also, do calisthenics or something, weights that are more than 5 lbs are a bad idea. Have fun!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options

Calorie limit...her diary is open. Clearly she could skip the exercise and eat and just call it a bust on today's deficit.

AH! Well 48 over cal limit is still waaaaaaaayyyyyy below TDEE so rest easy my friend!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think I would vom. good luck :)