Exercising Drunk?

Options
124»

Replies

• vegkitten
    vegkitten Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I used to exercise high in the past. As long as you're not completely out of it, I'd say it's okay?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. It's called dancing. :)

^^ although if drunk, it goes from dancing in my case to more like random wiggles

Yes. I recommend if you're drunk and want to exercise, dancing in a large spacious room is desirable. A bedroom with padding is best depending on the level of drunkenness.

I advise against running, lifting, or anything involving heavy machinery.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    well...alcohol is sugar, and exercising uses up your sugar a little faster, so in theory should decrease your drunkeness as you exercise...right? :S maybe better not. lol
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Not worth it. I drank wine and tried to work out once, was awful. I thought I was doing great for about 10 seconds, then everything was super hard and I wanted to puke, got a headache, and passed out in bed.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I did a brewery run a couple weeks ago. We ran from one brewery to the next to the next, stopping for a beer at each. It was fun. The trick was to have enough beer in your belly that it stopped sloshing.

And enough after to sign up for a race without knowing it

Hopefully that's all I signed up for. I'll have to see what other surprises pop up in my email.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    my drunk 1rm deadlift is 220kg. sober max is 240kg. I was quite happy with that :smile:

I happened to be wearing a tiger onesie at the time too. Very happy with my drunk form :tongue:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    OP sobered up about two years ago.

I love drunk people ideas. :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I only remember one time having maybe 2 beers but then still hitting the gym.

I've run hungover several times. It sucks but I've still seemed to run fairly well hungover.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread, but I'd advise cardio yes, but weights no. Beer drinking and running are a great combination, IMHO.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Good luck! When I've been drinking I barely want to wobble myself to the bathroom. Forget exercise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    drunk-girl-fail-gif-10.gif
    Yep, do it!
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A glass of wine before a run can feel pretty fine, if you ask me. I'm certainly not drunk on one glass of wine though.