Would it be rude?

Options
2»

Replies

• bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sure you could ask but if I were the owner of the hotel I'd be a little "WTF?":noway: at the request. And I would probably give you some take out pizza menus.

(It is a little rude. Unless when you checked in they said "If there is anything, and I mean ANYTHING that I can do for you while you're staying here please tell me. And I mean ANYTHING!" then that's a different story.)'

ETA: Look at it this way: how would you feel if your neighbor came over and said "Hey, do you mind cranking up the stove and making me a pizza? I really want one. Thanks dude!"

His neighbor isn't paying money to stay at his house. Apples vs. Oranges there

So?

Just because you're paying money to stay at a hotel where the owner lives doesn't make it any less rude to ask them to make you a pizza.

Perhaps when I'm in Key West staying at the B&B I always stay at I'll just pick up the phone that goes directly to their house and ask them if they could whip me up something for dinner and bring it over. You know, since I'm paying money to stay there and all and they live right down the street.

Mmmmkay.

:huh: Mmmmkay what?

I guess I'm confused as to how it's not rude (and yes, I get it's supposed to be a funny post) but I'm still failing to see how if someone were to do this it's not construed as being rude.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    just call Dominoes.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm confused as to how it's not rude (and yes, I get it's supposed to be a funny post) but I'm still failing to see how if someone were to do this it's not construed as being rude.

Well, really the only person who could deem if it was rude or not would be the hotel owner. We can say if we think it would be rude to us or whatever, but that's just, like...

...our opinion, man.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Apparently he has no frozen pizza. :grumble:
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Apparently he has no frozen pizza. :grumble:

That sucks.