Starting again...again...

Options
and again! I am 51 years old, married with two beautiful girls aged 31 and 3. Yeah, you read that right, 31 and 3. I have weighed between 315 and 350 for the last 20 years except for a brief time in the upper 200's about 6 years ago. I have been to Weight Watchers numerous times, tried Atkins a few times, and used Nutrisystem (that was my brief foray under 300). Nothing lasts because I love food. It is completely my fault and I am finally ready to take the responsibility for it. So my journey begins again, this time just using calorie counting and exercise. I have had some issues to deal with, stuff that I have had happen to me when I was little, the memories come back unbidden and I do my best to bury them again.There are some things that I only half-remember and they make feel so bad that I bury those as well, sensing that I don't want to know the rest.

None of it matters, I have a baby girl that needs her mother and a husband that loves me, literally, through thick and thin! Time to move on, forward and downward! Progress, not perfection! I can use as many friends as I can get, so friend me if you find yourself in a similar place.

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was fascinated by your story. I would love to follow your progress and support you any way I can. If you want, you can add me as a friend. My diary is open and always willing to help out. I have a mini goal of reaching Onderland (under 200 lbs) by 12/24/14. That is about 28 lbs for me.
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Add me as a friend if you'd like.