anyone getting married?

Options
2»

Replies

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    In march I have been married for 10 years, we went to the courthouse to get married, and never had a wedding. Now for our 10 year annv. in march we are going to renew our vows and FINALLY have our wedding! :smile: Anyone else getting married soon, if so what are your goals before your big day? Mine are to get slimmer to fit into a beautiful dress! Any cool wedding ideas?

could be reading my own life story, lmao. my husband and I have been married going on 9 years in November and I'm working towards my goal to look fabulous in my wedding dress too. we also were married at the courthouse and would like to do vow renewals and take professional pictures with our 3 sons on the beach or at a nice park here.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I second the using pinterest! I found some great reception ideas on there. Mr. Pineapple and I eloped two years ago this November. (Has it already been two years?? Time flies!) We had a small reception at my favorite state park (cheap + hiking!) six months later and had a blast.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    In 29 days.

Let me just say, I wanted the big church wedding. At this point I wish we would have done something small or just eloped! Too much stress!
  • gingerheadgirl
    gingerheadgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ME!! :laugh: On March 14th, I'm going to find my dress tomorrow! Eeeek!!
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My youngest Daughter is getting married to a great guy (Firefighter) on November 1st! We did cake tasting yesterday. :bigsmile:

Yeah I make wedding cakes for a living, I work at a bakery called The Luscious Crumb. I love making them beautiful for the brides, and yes im gonna make my own cake! :happy:
  • rpantusa
    Options
    Married 3 years as of last month. We had a big Biker wedding. Right after the ceremony took the bikes for quick spin around the block, first ride as husband and wife. When we got back took the pig out of the pit and had a big party. Nothing fancy, just good food, good friends, and good fun!

Fun! that's what i want something really fun with lots of dancing!
  • rpantusa
    Options
    NEVER!!!

(shyly) No one will have me.

awwwhh that's not true, there is someone special out there for everyone, you just gotta wait for them to pop up :flowerforyou:
  • rpantusa
    Options
    also never! haha.... Marriage scares the s*** out of me haha

I used to say the same thing until I met my Hubby and he changed my mind, just gotta find the right person first.
  • rpantusa
    Options
    note to self...start a marriage thread to bring out the single chicks wanted to advertise their availability...

HA HA HA that's pretty funny! not my purpose but if it works for some guys, then ok. :laugh:
  • rpantusa
    Options
    e4667657a7c59319ad24c5109b94c6a9beb9.jpg

Serious question. Do both of you walk down the aisle as a bride? I always wondered how that worked.

If u actually look at this pic you will see that we look a lot alike because this is my sister, and I did say my husband, as in a man, so sorry but no I am the bride and he is the groom and she is my maid of Honor.
  • rpantusa
    Options
    Yes!! So excited. I just decided on green and white hydrangeas and lemon poppy seed cake.

He's going to be so excited when I finally tell him.

congrats! that is so exciting! Our colors are going to be gold and burgundy and i have not decided on cake flavors yet.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *giggling*

Enjoy your wedding, honey;)
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    not now, not tomorrow, not never, #foreversingle
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    My Pinterest account might make it seem like I might be... I'm trying to get "DH" to actually tie the knot for our 10th "anniversary" next year though. No luck so far. :grumble: But hey, if my constant nagging finally makes him cave, then I will be svelte enough to fit into the wedding dress of my dreams in 13 months. :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    e4667657a7c59319ad24c5109b94c6a9beb9.jpg

Serious question. Do both of you walk down the aisle as a bride? I always wondered how that worked.

If u actually look at this pic you will see that we look a lot alike because this is my sister, and I did say my husband, as in a man, so sorry but no I am the bride and he is the groom and she is my maid of Honor.

this has nothing to do with anything but I don't think you look like sisters. In fact I would never have guessed that. I would have thought you were from totally different background/heritage by looking at that photo! Both lovely though!
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    also never! haha.... Marriage scares the s*** out of me haha

Haha, that's what my husband used to say :wink:
  • razors_girl23
    razors_girl23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just got married in May. Came from Australia and got married at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii. Thanks to Shaun T for helping me fit into my dress ;)
  • hatrammell
    Options
    Thank you =) lol But, yes, I am her sister and maid of honor. Although we get this a lot (as well as really funny looks in public) we are both Pro-man! ha ha.... And to answer the first question, honestly, I think it just depends on the couple. We live in Texas, so, unfortunately same-sex marriage is not allow here....but I would assume it could go either way.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My Pinterest account might make it seem like I might be... I'm trying to get "DH" to actually tie the knot for our 10th "anniversary" next year though. No luck so far. :grumble: But hey, if my constant nagging finally makes him cave, then I will be svelte enough to fit into the wedding dress of my dreams in 13 months. :laugh:

Sister, you make him do it! I did. I talked my husband into having another wedding/renewing our vows on our 10th anniversary. We both looked like totally different people! I actually picked a dress from the store, tried it on, *that* day, and purchased it. It wasn't one that they had to special order, and *then* special order MORE material to put in it, because the largest size it came in was a 32W. It was a good feeling. Although, I gotta say, I did love my "Bleeding Armadillo" Cake from our first marriage. Nothing says the south, like a Steel Magnolias cake at a wedding! *LOL*

1934839_102002242871_5255400_n.jpg?oh=a613b665798097297b9ce7a53fcfa151&oe=5483BACB&__gda__=1419007111_e88212be73ea53b0711cc8eb0cf6206d
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    yea can't wait to pick up my dress :D ....................:indifferent: :smokin: