Do anyone burn calories when excercising at night??

Options
I wanted to know because I got in late from work today and wanted a workout in. I was wondering is it possible to burn calories at night.

Replies

• stupidme117
    Options
    Um, why does it matter what time? The only reason most people don't exercise at night is because it makes some people restless when trying to fall asleep.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You burn calories 24/7. Exercise timing is a personal preference, but it doesn't make a difference.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    No. Calories can only be burned between 5 and 7 am. This whole CICO idea is totally wrong. You can eat whatever you want as long as you work out in the morning.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter when you exercise - except, as a previous poster pointed out, that you can have trouble sleeping after working out. work out, burn calories - it's really that simple.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Any workout done after 7 unfortunately is useless. You will burn zero calories. Even if you run 20 miles at breakneck speed. Calorie burn resumes once the sun comes up. :huh:
    In all seriousness op, go get your workout in. The only thing g burning zero calories would be you sitting on the couch.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    No. Calories can only be burned between 5 and 7 am. This whole CICO idea is totally wrong. You can eat whatever you want as long as you work out in the morning.

I find this somewhat true because I once did a workout at night and I did not burn any calories at all
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I was wondering is it possible to burn calories at night.

As long as you are alive. It's a completely different story once you're dead.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    I see a lot of mix reviews on this. I guess I will look up some scientific article about this subject
  • kenc1971
    kenc1971 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of mix reviews on this. I guess I will look up some scientific article about this subject

The mix is actually "facts" and "sarcasm". :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    And this is why the need for a sarcasm font is high
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Funny cause I am only seeing one side to this...... I think your sarcasm meter is broken..... You can burn calories 24/7 period.. they can't tell time..... Workout whenever you can fit it into your day... Best of Luck
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Personally I think for me if I work out at night after dinner it seems like it works better for me but everyone is different.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options

Lol!!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I find this somewhat true because I once did a workout at night and I did not burn any calories at all

h91B9FC1B
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options

This. ^:smile:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I gain weight at night by running backwards
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Were you dead? Because that's the only way you'd stop burning calories.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

post-11455-Emma-Watson-LOL-gif-K1Ax.gif