any advice for getting more protein in my diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options

??1 cup of mushrooms has 2 gm protein. 1 cup of broccoli has 2 gm of protein.

i dont speak "cup" but 400g frozen broccoli (which isnt as much as it sounds) has 80-90 calories and 12g protein, that qualifies as good protein source in my books. :) + lets not forget iron and other great stuff broccoli delivers!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that "cup" was an obscure unit of measurement. I'm sure many more people think in terms of "grams" :)

...Enjoy eating 5-6 cups of broccoli for 12 measly gm of protein....

I'm not, by any stretch, saying broccoli isn't good for you. Of course it is...and I LOVE mushrooms. I also love sweet potatoes, but they are not a very good source of protein. They ARE, however, very good sources of complex carbs and vitamins. :)
  • taryninoly
    taryninoly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes too - thanks for all the advice :)
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    ofc there are foods that are higher in protein but its not a contest :laugh:

why not include all foods that have a decent amount of protein? :) i personally love broccoli and when i have it i usually have 400-500g.

as for the cup thing. its just that im not american and here in europe (at least where i live) we dont measure anything in cups so i have no idea how much that is :p
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    2q18kll.gif

lol
    :heart:
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt - 100g has 57cals and 10.3g protein. (Not sure if available outside Europe but I'm sure something similar can be found!)

I use greek yoghurt in everything possible now to slip in some protein: I use it instead of mayo in egg mayo (US egg salad), throw it in homemade curry, generally use it wherever a recipe calls for mayo/cream/sour cream etc. I even used it in a brownie recipe today!

Most other stuff I would suggest has been mentioned: eggs, nuts, tofu, pulses, legumes etc etc. But the yoghurt gives you the most bang for your buck in terms of high protein - low calorie ratio (from what I've researched).