4 Months transformation pictures..

Options
Hey guys! I'm pretty new to this website. But, this summer i went on tour with a drum corps, which is kind of like a professional marching band that travels over the summer. Anyway.. here are my transformation pictures. I am still working on toning up/ loosing weight. my goal is 130, im currently 155.
Before tour: 185
After tour (3 months later..): 165
Currently (1 month after getting home): 155

http://i58.tinypic.com/2gwgdpx.jpg (Link to transofrmation pictures)

Also, what are y'alls best toning exercises? defintiely need some ideas! thanks!

Replies

• AustinRockall
    Options
    Jump rope is great for toning.
  • maroth42
    Options
    First off congrats on the weight loss! It's going great.

Second, despite toning being a pretty big buzzword in fitness, there really isn't any substance to it. It's really a long held exercise myth, not unlike the spot reduction—the idea that working out one part of your body will cause you to lose fat in that area, like doing crunches to get rid of belly fat. To "tone" the body, you have to do have do two things: lower body fat, gain (some) muscle. The best ways to do this are generally eating at a caloric deficit (which you're clearly doing well, as you've lost 30 lbs already) and strength/resistance training.

Yeah, lifting weights. A lot of women freak out at the idea of lifting weights, mostly because they're afraid they'll get bulky and lose their feminine physique. I can say that this is absolutely not true for 95%+ of women (the remaining have high testosterone/androgen levels, which lead to lots of muscle growth, but that is not the standard). I'd read this article (http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightloss/a/toning.htm) to get a good idea on what you can do to help achieve your goals.

So if you want to help reach your goals, I recommend 3 things:
    1. Keep eating at a caloric deficit (keep on going like you are)
    2. Strength train a few times a week (lots of good programs you can use, a 5x5 is the classic one, but there's a ton of good ones, just google "strength training for women"
    3. Do cardio, like running, biking, elliptical, etc on your non-strength days (cardio increases your caloric deficit, and make you lose weight quicker)

Most importantly, keep on going! You've done great so far, and if you keep it up you'll be where you want to be in no time at all.
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    what corp did you march with??
  • megannmaxey
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
    And Arac62, i marched with spirit of atlanta. (:
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You looked good at 185. You look fantastic now! How tall are you?
  • megannmaxey
    Options
    I'm 5'4. (:
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You carry your weight really well.
  • FoogooFish
    FoogooFish Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

I saw Spirit of Atlanta perform not too long ago when a competition was held in my Alabama town. Y'all didn't win, sadly, but y'all did play a good show and an encore for us! =)
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great job - lift weights, it will transform your body.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You look great! Weightlifting along with continuing to lower you bf will help with the muscle definition but I haven't found a cure for the loose skin yet. No amount of "toning" will do that for me, I'm afraid.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Great job! I fixed the pictures for you! :flowerforyou:

2gwgdpx.jpg
  • megannmaxey
    Options
    I remember that show, foogoofish! Aww. That seriously was one of my favorite schools to perform at. (:

And thanks everyone!
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend! You rock my socks off...killer four months! Keep it up! :)
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Very impressive transformation! Be proud! :smile:
  • megannmaxey
    Options
    hahah thanks y'all!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options

2gwgdpx.jpg

Wow, really great job. I wouldn't have guessed your weight as that much.

Keep up the great work.
  • megannmaxey
    Options
    thanks (:

Do yall have any toning up methods?
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
    Sorry no advice on toning I haven't found yet myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!