Has anyone gone down a shoe size?

Options

Replies

• missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    YES! :) I went down a size aswel and my family thought I was mad! Glad im not the only one :D
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! My original shoes were slipping off of me. Had to buy a 1/2 size smaller, now a full size smaller.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Yes, that happened to me, when I hit 30 pounds lost. Thank goodness cause it's really hard to find cute shoes in an 11...not that 10 is much better but it does help. Great job!

hmmm I just hit 30lbs lost.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The last 3 pairs I have had to go from an 8.5 to an 8...I have been an 8.5 since my daughter was born 24 years ago and I was much much thinner...seems weird that when I was much smaller (like 50 pounds smaller) my feet had grown. I had been a 7 or 7.5 until I was 20 now at 43 my feet are shrinking..so weird
  • AndyS201022
    Options
    But wouldn't your shoe sizes only go down because your feet aren't as wide? The length wouldn't change would it?
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've defo gone down a size. Shame as all my shoes are lovely! lol.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    It happened to me but, for me at least, it was really a loss of water weight that caused puffiness. Buy a pair of insoles and see if they fill up enough of the extra room so that the shoes no longer slip. I have also used those pads that you stick on the shoes inside the back of the heel.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yep, I used to wear size 10-11 women. Since I've lost so much weight, I'm now wearing 8-9 women's shoes. I ended up donating a bunch of my shoes :-( I had a really pretty pair of converse that were were green with flowers in the shape of a a peace sign. I called them my Hippie shoes lol, but they are clown shoes now, so had to get rid of em :( so very sad
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I've also heard that as you age your feel shrink. :)

Just the opposite. Your feet tend to flatten more as you age which puts you in larger shoe sizes.
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've alsi went from a 10 1/2 to a 9. Even some 8 1/2!!
  • paulasews
    Options
    I can't wait for this! My feet are wide and fat and it really limits my choice of shoes, I'm going to resist buying many good shoes until I lose the majority of my weight though and find out my final size :) my feet have already lost the puffiness of carrying water weight which has made my shoes more comfortable but I have a pair of work shoes that I bought a few months ago and would love to wear soon
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    my length is still the same but my width has shrunk.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Not my shoe size,...but my Rings are pratically falling off my fingers! :ohwell:
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Well, I think in european shoe sizes, because I'm, european. But I definetly lost also half a shoe size; more to think, it's more likely a 3/4 shoe size. Before I wore 39 on shoes and was a little lose, but know I definetly can wear 38. It depends of shoes (every type of shoe seems to fit me in a different size), but all over I fit in smaller shoes. And I had to trow most shoes that are not fixed on the foot (like heels and ballerina pumps) because they went off my feet while walking.
  • keladry89
    keladry89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I went from 44.5 at 273 to 42.5 at 208. I'm American but that sizing is better and it's what I go by to try on shoes :P (I was like an 11.5 and now I'm a 10.5/11). None of my flats really fit anymore but I'm going to wear them out and buy a couple pair that fit and try to make due with that. My running shoes get replaced semi regularly so that's where I see the difference the most.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yep. I was a 10/11 depending on the brand. Now I'm solely in 10s, and even had to get a pair of 9.5s to wear to my brother's wedding.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    After 15 pounds I lost half a size! I went from a 8.5-9 to a 8-8.5 all my flats are feeling to big, heels and sneakers still feel fine.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm glad y'all mentioned this. I thought I was losing my mind. My shoes were getting a slippy. I did buy a new pair of tennis shoes a half size smaller and kinda assumed sizes had changed. Like the shoe version of vanity sizes.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, my shoe size was 10, but then during college, it went down to a 9 with weight loss. It was nice until I gained the weight back, and none of my shoes fit.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm glad y'all mentioned this. I thought I was losing my mind. My shoes were getting a slippy. I did buy a new pair of tennis shoes a half size smaller and kinda assumed sizes had changed. Like the shoe version of vanity sizes.
    Haha, me too! I was just saying like a week ago, "they're making shoes bigger!" xD
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!