Feeling really guilty for my intake today :/

Options
I went over my daily caloric "goal" and didn't get the chance to workout because of work.. AND it wasn't totally "clean..." I can't help but feeling guilty and lazy... Someone PLEASE reassure me that these thoughts aren't rational.:sad:

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    so did i. no big deal. it happens. log it, and move on.

right now, i'm thinking, "well, i'm over 300 calories... might as well just destroy this bag of chocolate covered pretzels." but i'm not going to.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary and your goal, you probably overate because you aren't eating enough. Set your goal to .5 pounds a week...with so little to lose, it's going to take some time to come off. Also, 1250 is not a healthy goal for a male.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Shoot. I had a huge turtle sundae mid afternoon. You think that was within my calories or carb intake?

Nope. It was a rare treat. Tomorrow's another day.
  • Oxmarqt
    Oxmarqt Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. You have an overall deficit for the recent past so the small amount you went over today, and even a few days ago, is no big deal.

AND, you really should be eating more. I do not know your height, weight, goal weight, exercise regime, history or zodiac sign but you are eating very close to what a 5', 100lb women would be eating.....
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It's one day
  • TaviRocks
    TaviRocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The really great thing about dieting is-tomorrow will always be a new day to start over! Everyone has their days!!! It's okay. Just start over tomorrow and you'll feel great. I'm proud of you; keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    "Hi! I am a 5'10" male and weigh around 110-115.. haven't weighed myself for a while. I am currently struggling with an ED and generally eat anywhere from 1,200-1,500.. somedays more, somedays less. I can't help but feel like the 1,500 range is "too much" (I know this is disordered)."

Are you having professional help for your ED as this is all tied in with that.
    Nothing anyone here says, is likely to help you when you are in the throes of that terror about food and potential weight gain.
    And you already had a lot of advice in your other thread (from which the above quote is from) when you asked what you should be eating.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Calm down. Now. Take a deep breath. Let it out.

It is just one day. Log it. Call it done. Start fresh in the morning.

This is a live it not a die-it (diet). Do not give into the mind frame that you have to do this to perfection. We are human, and not perfect, that mindset will lead to disappointments and set backs. You went over one day. Its fine. You'll do well tomorrow.

Eta: your daily goal is a target to meet, not stay under. I pat myself on the back as long as I'm within 100-150 calories of my goal. And I would recommend to work with a therapist and a nutritionist on your goal, with your history it would definitely help you to have some real life support.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    OP, you really need to be working with a professional. Your intake is still way too low for someone of your height. 1,600 is nothing to feel guilty over. Please get help. I have seen too many of your threads like this, and you really need guidance and support from a professional.
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    One day won't make a big difference. You have many more left to make good choices. If you truly can't get over the guilt, use it as fuel to make the next day that much better.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    One day won't make a big difference. You have many more left to make good choices. If you truly can't get over the guilt, use it as fuel to make the next day that much better.

The OP has a history with struggling with an ED.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

There is only one way the Op needs to make his next day better, and that is to consistently be going over the calories he is set at as he is underweight, has an ED and should not feel remotely guilty.

OP, please, please seek help. Don't waste your life trapped in this constant battle with food and weight. It is not worth the high cost, and I speak from personal experience.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

There is only one way the Op needs to make his next day better, and that is to consistently be going over the calories he is set at as he is underweight, has an ED and should not feel remotely guilty.

OP, please, please seek help. Don't waste your life trapped in this constant battle with food and weight. It is not worth the high cost, and I speak from personal experience.

Completely agree.

OP, I legitimately get upset when I see your threads. I get upset because it pains me to see what you are struggling with. It pains me to see you are still trying to lose weight (according to your page, you're trying to lose 12 more pounds), and you are feeling guilty over things you shouldn't feel guilty over. Please listen to the above post, and get help from someone who can help you work through these disordered thoughts, and get yourself to a safe and happy place. You should never feel guilty about fueling your body.
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you realize that your feelings aren't rational. I've looked at your food diary a few times and it concerns me as a new friend. You know what's going on, and your slipping back into your eating disorder. Please get some professional help were you live. You don't need to lose any weight. I don't know what else to say except that. Get well !
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm just gonna leave this right here...

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1.) You really really don't need to lose weight. If anything you should be bulking. You'd be underweight even if you were female, and since you're male and 5'10", 115 lbs is much too light for you. I'm assuming you already know this.

2.) Are you currently seeing a therapist for your eating disorder? Please follow the link posted by HeartsOnFire.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I went over my daily caloric "goal" and didn't get the chance to workout because of work.. AND it wasn't totally "clean..." I can't help but feeling guilty and lazy... Someone PLEASE reassure me that these thoughts aren't rational.:sad:

We all have bad days. Just accept that it happens and keep on keepin' on.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

We all have bad days. Just accept that it happens and keep on keepin' on.

The OP has an eating disorder.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Food is fuel. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Take the emotion out of it.

You dont emote when you put gas in the tank of a car.

Same concept. Whether you have an ED or not., food doesnt have feelings. It is what it is

Fsunami
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's going to happen... a lot. The good news is that really, typically in less than a week, or heck, one day, you can undo the damage that you've done. So just log it and move on.